Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-30-2010, 01:51 PM   #241
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Well, it just never ends. My dog, Max the Mutant Yorkie took sick a couple days ago and we had to put him down today. His kidneys, heart and lungs were just shutting down.

He was a good dog. It's going to hurt to write Vivaldi for a while...
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:11 PM   #242
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i'm so sorry, psrhynk. i know how much it hurts to lose a pet, and you really didn't need any more grief right now. i don't know how comforting it is, but maybe it will help a little to remember that he had agood and happy life while he was with you.

here's a candle for him.

zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 02:26 PM   #243
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 02:39 PM   #244
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved Yorkie. Pets truly are a member of the family, and their loss is grieved as deeply. I share in your sadness.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:01 PM   #245
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Well, it just never ends. My dog, Max the Mutant Yorkie took sick a couple days ago and we had to put him down today. His kidneys, heart and lungs were just shutting down.

Oh No! I'm so sorry! Losing special pets can be the worst I think....
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2010, 03:29 PM   #246
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Sorry to hear about the Yorkie, pShrink. We lost our pit bull about a year and a half ago. I had put in for leave to be with him because I knew the end was near, but I was a few minutes later getting home from work than usual because of doing a last minute favor for a co-worker. He died 5 minutes before I got there. I've felt bad about that ever since. I know he was wondering why I wasn't home at the usual time.

My son built a coffin and we had a ceremony. Norton (the pug), who was less than a year old at the time, didn't seem to realize why Cain-dog wouldn't wake up.

Cain was a wonderful dog. Great with other animals (and kids, although I always watch him closely around them).

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-30-2010 at 03:31 PM.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 03:53 PM   #247
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Sorry to hear that pshrynk
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:14 PM   #248
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:

I am so sorry for your good dog, and for you too. Get well soon.
Friendship.
Beppe
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 04:47 PM   #249
rebarnmom
Wizard
rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rebarnmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-700 (traded in), Sony PRS-650
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i'm so sorry, psrhynk. i know how much it hurts to lose a pet, and you really didn't need any more grief right now. i don't know how comforting it is, but maybe it will help a little to remember that he had agood and happy life while he was with you.
I'm so sorry to hear about Max. It is just heart-wrenching to have put down a beloved pet! When we had to have our dog put down, we arranged to go away for the weekend immediately following the procedure, because I didn't want to go back home without her. Sadly because of the time of the year, we weren't able to take her home and bury her there. It's hard when you're at home and still expecting them to come running up, always so full of unconditional love. It's probably been five years now, but I still miss her. We have a wonderful new dog now, but one can never replace the other. Mine was an akita. We had "his" and "hers" akitas, and she was my special angel. We just got a movie from Netflix called, "Hachi: A Dog's Tale" about a man and his beloved akita (based on a true story). It brought back wonderful memories, but yet it was hard to watch.

Anyway, all this to say that I feel your loss and I liked what Zelda had to say about it. Hang in there and cherish the memories.
rebarnmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:38 PM   #250
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Thank you to all. Max was the inspiration for Vivaldi in my stories. (VR was the source of the name and description.)

Instead of running up to me when I would get home, he would stay asleep as I walked through the house, screaming, "MAX! Where the hell are you?" Eventually, he would deign to flop off the couch and sidle into wherever I was, with a look on his face of, "Now why, exactly, would I care that you are here? When do I eat?"

He was a bundle of energy and would never let another dog within a hundred feet of the house, even though they lived next door. He once nipped the Rhodesian Ridgeback on the nose and sent him screaming back home. Fearless little bugger.

I already miss him terribly.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:46 PM   #251
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
Oh Pshrynk, you are having a hard time lately. I'm so sorry to hear about your poor little dog. I hope that spring comes soon and brings brighter times for you.

Click image for larger version

Name:	060914_Joukowsky-candle-lig.jpg
Views:	256
Size:	9.5 KB
ID:	48919
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 02:15 AM   #252
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
Sorry Pshrynk, I hope you are doing OK. To better days and making new memories.
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:10 AM   #253
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

Sorry for your loss.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 08:23 AM   #254
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
I'm sorry to hear about Max, pshrynk. That kind of news makes the tears flow.

I can empathize. Within a year's time I lost two of my beloved family pets. I lost my Yorkie suddenly this past Christmas evening. I found her floating, deceased, probably from hypothermia, in our backyard pool. She'd never jumped in the pool in all of her 15 years, so it's strange that we'd find her there.

What made the loss of my Yorkie even more strange, and so much harder to take was the fact that just the year before, on Christmas Eve night, my husband found our tiny long-haired chihuahua drowned on the bottom of the pool. She'd never gone near the pool either in all her 17 years.

That's how the Grinch has stolen MY Christmases.

I'm glad though that you had a chance to say good-bye.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 12:39 PM   #255
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
For pshrynk... my condolences on your recent losses. I hope it helps light your way.

pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote