Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 06-11-2015, 02:05 AM   #1
SantafA
SantafA began at the beginning.

Device: none
NookPress says to click on "The original .epub file I uploaded." But I don't see it.

Hi,

When I upload an epub to NookPress, and then try to verify that it's working by clicking on "Download ePub" I receive a file riddled with 40 errors and warnings - and it won't open in ADE or Nook for PC. Before I uploaded it, my file cleanly passed epubcheck and worked perfectly fine in ADE and Nook for PC.

NookPress has given me the following instructions several times:

To get your NOOK Book file to look on NOOK exactly the way you created it as an .epub file, please follow these steps:

1. Click "Replace Manuscript" on the Manuscript page of your Project and upload your .epub file again.

2. After the file is uploaded, click the blue "Post Updated Manuscript to NOOK Bookstore" button and select to put on sale "The original .epub file I uploaded."

I do this but I cannot complete the procedure because I have never once seen the option come up to put on sale "The original .epub file I uploaded."

I click the blue button (which only appears if my book is currently on sale), I get a message window that makes me confirm I have the rights to sell my book, I click yes, and then it just goes back to the manuscript page as it always looks, with no extra options. I never see the option for the "original .epub file." I just doesn't seem to come up.

NookPress support has been of no help.

Am I missing something? Have any of you had the same thing happen? Is this option really still available in their interface?

Thank you, guys.
SantafA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 06:09 AM   #2
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
(NookPress support has never been of much help!)

I send my books to B&N through Draft2Digital and have not experienced any problem. (Well, B&N's online preview shows only a segment of the book cover in one instance, but the downloaded book shows it properly.)
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert