Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 06-09-2008, 09:34 AM   #1
golagha
Enthusiast
golagha began at the beginning.

Device: iRex iLiad Black
a little JACK shape element! (apology in advance)

Hi,

Excuse me for having such a simple question (maybe because of stupidness of my mind!).

There is a simple and little jack like element, just beside the CF slot.

I had a quick review in the Manual (eBook) of iLiad. found nothing concerning it. I'm sure that it must be presented in the manual and I've missed it.

What is the functionality of it?

please accept my apology, for a topic like this in a valuable forum like mobileread.

Regards
golagha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 10:11 AM   #2
mvoosten
Zealot
mvoosten began at the beginning.

Device: Hanlin V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagha View Post
Hi,

Excuse me for having such a simple question (maybe because of stupidness of my mind!).

There is a simple and little jack like element, just beside the CF slot.

I had a quick review in the Manual (eBook) of iLiad. found nothing concerning it. I'm sure that it must be presented in the manual and I've missed it.

What is the functionality of it?

please accept my apology, for a topic like this in a valuable forum like mobileread.

Regards

The only 'jack like element' I know of is at the bottom. Next to the CF slot there is on the left (screen facing forward) the USB connection and to the right the CF eject lever and stylus holder.
mvoosten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
golagha
Enthusiast

I mean the same lever beside the CF slot.
I tried to eject the CF using that but it seems that it can't prevent the CF from being ejected manually, even if it is in lock state. Am I right?
Old 06-09-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
haridasi
Zealot
haridasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enoughharidasi will become famous soon enough

Device: irex iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by golagha View Post
I mean the same lever beside the CF slot.
I tried to eject the CF using that but it seems that it can't prevent the CF from being ejected manually, even if it is in lock state. Am I right?
To do so would require that you use force to get the CF card out, which I wouldn´t recommend.

Just to be clear, the CF card is in a locked state when the lever is horizontal.
haridasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:27 PM   #5
orcinus
Gadgeteer
orcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enoughorcinus will become famous soon enough

Device: iRex iLiad, Sony PRS-500, Nokia 770, BB 7200, Samsung i600, iPhone
It's just an eject button. It does not lock anything...
The "folded" position is so you don't accidentally press it while storing or handling your iLiad.

Most laptops equipped with CF and ExpressCard slots have similar buttons, but they don't fold - they remain depressed (for the same purpose, to prevent accidental ejection) until you press them once more.
orcinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2008, 09:28 PM   #6
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
To eject your CF card or blank, turn the little switch to vertical and press it in. The CF card will pop up.

To insert your CF card or blank, have the switch vertical, insert the card, then turn the switch to horizontal.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:16 AM   #7
golagha
Enthusiast

got it.
a stupid member has many kinf friends as you.
thanks
Old 06-13-2008, 12:36 AM   #8
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
It wasn't a stupid question at all. I searched many posts before I found how to use the lever correctly, when I first got my iLiad.

I've seen an iLiad with the CF card jammed diagonally into the slot. They fit easily - if you're doing it right.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote