Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #16
danielpublic
Linux user
danielpublic began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver story HD (wifi)
First post so, Hi!

I guess I should not even think about installing this on my iriver story hd with firmware v.1.28 SE, as there is a great risk of it eating my cat? It would be quite nice to have, say a QR-Code with contact information/etc.
danielpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 06:05 AM   #17
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
This mod should work with all firmware versions, if that's what you're asking.

You can set up your contact info on the device itself though. Personally I prefer to print a sticker and put it on the back of the device.
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2012, 06:11 AM   #18
danielpublic
Linux user
danielpublic began at the beginning.

Device: Iriver story HD (wifi)
Ah, nice! Thanks for the swift reply!
danielpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:59 AM   #19
cgugl
cgugl began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
The mod had a small bug (copied only one of the four images to internal storage, so you had to create the screensaver 02-04 files yourself), which is now fixed. I also added an Undo file that reverts / uninstalls this mod and reinstates the original screensaver images.
I have run your script to gain access to the screensaver images.
Now I have modified some pics, and I'd like to copy these my images onto the system storage.
You have done a script that puts the original pictures inside the system storage (screensaver-undo) , but you can make a script that puts those modified ?
Thanks
cgugl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 06:48 AM   #20
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I won't make such a script, because it's dangerous. The internal partition has very limited space, and putting wrong/too large files there, could cause a brick. Besides there is no point as the images work fine where they are with this mod.

What are you hoping to achieve with it anyway? If it's an anti-theft measure (your name branded into an image they can't remove), there's no point; a thief won't give back a device just because of that. Screensaver can pretty much be disabled anyways. Plus there are ways to reset the images (either with the screensaver-undo, or some firmware files provided by iriver, the ones that don't brick your device anyway).
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #21
cgugl
cgugl began at the beginning.

Device: iriver story hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostschutz View Post
I won't make such a script, because it's dangerous. The internal partition has very limited space, and putting wrong/too large files there, could cause a brick. Besides there is no point as the images work fine where they are with this mod.

What are you hoping to achieve with it anyway? If it's an anti-theft measure (your name branded into an image they can't remove), there's no point; a thief won't give back a device just because of that. Screensaver can pretty much be disabled anyways. Plus there are ways to reset the images (either with the screensaver-undo, or some firmware files provided by iriver, the ones that don't brick your device anyway).
I have two iriver that I'd like to customize by changing the screensaver, without having sparse files in the drive.
I thought that if the images work fine with your mod, the iriver story can be changed internally without problem.
cgugl is offline   Reply With Quote