Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 09-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #34516
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
I want some for breakfast! they look delicious.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 07:54 PM   #34517
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I made a chicken pot pie this afternoon, and I had so much filling left over that I made up another batch of piecrust and made some individual pot pies in a cast iron biscuit pan. They're pretty cute! It's rainy today here -- a good day for comfort food.
That just looks SOOO much better than the stuff my mother used to force us to eat; Swanson's Frozen Pot Pies! Cardboard crusts filled with wallpaper paste, with two little pieces of chicken and three cubes of potato. I'll bet yours tastes a whole lot better!!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:43 AM   #34518
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Looking for a new mediaplayer to use with my new tv. I got a mediaplayer (Asus O!Play) earlier this year and I've been using it regularly, both on holiday and when house sitting. The O!Play works with USB sticks/external HDDs or memory cards. However, now that I have a tv in my bedroom I would like to get one with a built in HDD, or the option to do it yourself, and one that connects to the computer network so I won't have to go back and forth between computer and mediaplayer with my USB stick.

Now I need to decide what other options I would like.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 03:46 AM   #34519
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'm throwing away photos.... hundreds of photos....
Comparing photos... dozens of photos... then throwing away more.

Stitchawl
Old 09-18-2012, 06:09 AM   #34520
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Dealing with a very finicky baby tonight. After 90 minutes of fall asleep, wake up when put in crib, rinse and repeat I finally brought him in to sleep with us. He slept fine on my chest waking at 5:30 to eat again. Except he had to be sitting up to eator he would start screeching. Now I am trying to get him to go to back to sleep. This is the roughest night we have had in a month.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:55 AM   #34521
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
@ProfCrash - Re: finicky baby - check for a temp - esp. since he's been in day care - when a baby starts to get sick, they get very cranky first - and crying till he's red in the face can disguise the start of a fever.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:02 AM   #34522
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones6416 View Post
I made a chicken pot pie this afternoon, and I had so much filling left over that I made up another batch of piecrust and made some individual pot pies in a cast iron biscuit pan. They're pretty cute! It's rainy today here -- a good day for comfort food.
You DO know I'm on a diet, don't you??? That pie looks yum diddly umptious scrumptious. But then just about any food does right now .
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 09:21 AM   #34523
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
You DO know I'm on a diet, don't you??? That pie looks yum diddly umptious scrumptious. But then just about any food does right now .
150 (aprox) calories at breakfast, 180 at lunch, about 300 calories for dinner... Walked five kilometers and climbed 10 flights of stairs. Right about now, I think I would be happy to eat the couch...

Are there any calories in a dog's rawhide chew toy?

Stitchawl
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #34524
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
150 (aprox) calories at breakfast, 180 at lunch, about 300 calories for dinner... Walked five kilometers and climbed 10 flights of stairs. Right about now, I think I would be happy to eat the couch...

Are there any calories in a dog's rawhide chew toy?

Stitchawl
Bloody hell! That's starvation rations. What with long walks in the heat as well, I'm surprised you are not coming over all queer (as we say over here...)
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 11:23 AM   #34525
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
@ProfCrash - Re: finicky baby - check for a temp - esp. since he's been in day care - when a baby starts to get sick, they get very cranky first - and crying till he's red in the face can disguise the start of a fever.
We just got back from the Doctor. She thinks hand, foot, and mouth disease but says it is hard to diagnose at this age. He had a fever that had dropped with infant Tylenol and feels like it is gone now. I'll be taking his temperature whenever I change his diaper and giving him the Tylenol every 6 hours.

(sigh) I had a 90 minute massage scheduled for today. Ah well, there is a sick baby to cuddle and snuggle. He is in a pretty good mood right now.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 01:48 PM   #34526
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
Ordering yarn for knitting a new scarf. I ordered dark blue, but I also liked the yarn with mixed browns, might have to order that when I finish the blue scarf.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #34527
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Bloody hell! That's starvation rations. What with long walks in the heat as well, I'm surprised you are not coming over all queer (as we say over here...)
With another long one planned for tomorrow! I just noticed that I'm running out of 'love handles.' I'm starting to question my judgement.

Stitchawl
Old 09-19-2012, 10:43 AM   #34528
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Right now loving using Swype on my rooted kindle fire
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:04 PM   #34529
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
If my reader was rooted I would send it back!
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 10:16 AM   #34530
Quake1028
Guru
Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quake1028 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: See signature
Stitch: Too few calories! You are going to make your goal, but you aren't doing your body any favors, and I fear you are going to blow back up as soon as you go back to eating normally. This ends your unsolicited advice for today!
Quake1028 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?