Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 01:21 AM   #31
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You should be able to test internally by going to the same link. It timed out for me. I just set mine up to 8081 and it works fine from my outside address. Attached is my port forwarding screen shot.
Okay I made an edit to my port forwarding. Would you be willing to try again?

fakename.no-ip.org:8080

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: removing library link
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:32 AM   #32
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amalthia View Post
Okay I made an edit to my port forwarding. Would you be willing to try again?

fakename.no-ip.org:8080
I think for a brief moment I saw your router then it timed out. You can test this by using the same url in your browser. It will go out to no-ip get redirected back.

You need to find the port forwarding page for your router. I don't think the virtual server page is not what you're looking for. Try Port Trigger.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:31 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 01:48 AM   #33
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Quote:
I think for a brief moment I saw your router then it timed out. You can test this by using the same url in your browser. It will go out to no-ip get redirected back.

You need to find the port forwarding page for your router. I don't think the virtual server page is not what you're looking for. Try Port Trigger.
You may be onto something there....I've tried every combination and none of them are working. Normally, the virtual server page is where I do my port forwarding.

I will try the port triggering. Should I only use Port Trigger or still try the port forwarding?
Old 02-09-2012, 01:50 AM   #34
Amalthia
Wizard

Okay I added 8081 to the Port Triggering:

fakename.no-ip.org:8081

EDIT: I'm going to bed now so I won't be able to test anything new until tomorrow evening.

I think what adds to the complication of my router port forwarding is that I have a DSL/Modem router and a Wifi router. Using the wi-fi router didn't work for utorrent so I didn't use it for testing the web server but now I'm wondering if I should use that instead of the modem router.

EDIT2: I added 8081 to my wi-fi port forwarding instead of my modem/dsl router and that seemed to have fixed the problem.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Remove library link
Old 02-09-2012, 10:09 AM   #35
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
You must have done something right because I can access your Calibre library right now by browsing to:
http://fakename.no-ip.org

It redirects me automatically to port 8081.

BTW, if you don't WANT me accessing your library, you may want to turn the password feature on in Calibre's settings...(I see you're a Baen fan...)

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Remove library link
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:13 AM   #36
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
In the meantime I changed my Calibre content server port number to something like 37419 and in no-ip used the Port 80 Redirect option and added 37419 to it.
If you use Port 80 Redirect, what would happen is the address http://fakename.no-ip.org will redirect to http://<external_ip>:37419. Assuming you have port 37419 forwarded to the calibre server on your computer, that means you only need to use http://fakename.no-ip.org to access the calibre content server. No need to add a port number at the end.

Quote:
I think what adds to the complication of my router port forwarding is that I have a DSL/Modem router and a Wifi router. Using the wi-fi router didn't work for utorrent so I didn't use it for testing the web server but now I'm wondering if I should use that instead of the modem router.
I don't think you need to enable port triggering. Which one of your routers assign the local IP addresses (check for an option named DHCP Server and see which router has it enabled)? Whatever worked for utorrent will likely work for the web server.

Assuming you don't have Port 80 Redirect enabled on no-ip, the following settings should give you your calibre server on http://fakename.no-ip.org:28080
Code:
Server Name    External Port Start   External Port End   Protocol   Internal Port Start   Internal Port End   Server IP Address
calibre        28080                 28080               TCP        8080                  8080                192.168.227.137

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:33 PM. Reason: Removing library link
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:01 AM   #37
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Okay I added 8081 to the Port Triggering:

fakename.no-ip.org:8081

EDIT: I'm going to bed now so I won't be able to test anything new until tomorrow evening.

It is working (slowly)

I see some of the same books (Baen )

BTW Isn't always nighttime this time of year?

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Removing library link
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:12 PM   #38
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
You must have done something right because I can access your Calibre library right now by browsing to:
http://fakename.no-ip.org

It redirects me automatically to port 8081.

BTW, if you don't WANT me accessing your library, you may want to turn the password feature on in Calibre's settings...(I see you're a Baen fan...)
It figures I'd somehow manage to get it to work just before I go to bed! I'll remove the port at the end of the address.

I don't mind if others browse and download ebooks from my calibre library. Most of what I have is fan fiction.

And yes I love Baen. It's one of the few publishers I buy a lot of ebooks from. I love that I can pick my format and there is no DRM and I can re-download if necessary. Plus they sell books I like to read.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Removing Library link
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #39
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
If you use Port 80 Redirect, what would happen is the address http://fakename.no-ip.org will redirect to http://<external_ip>:37419. Assuming you have port 37419 forwarded to the calibre server on your computer, that means you only need to use http://fakename.no-ip.org to access the calibre content server. No need to add a port number at the end.

I don't think you need to enable port triggering. Which one of your routers assign the local IP addresses (check for an option named DHCP Server and see which router has it enabled)? Whatever worked for utorrent will likely work for the web server.

Assuming you don't have Port 80 Redirect enabled on no-ip, the following settings should give you your calibre server on http://fakename.no-ip.org:28080
Code:
Server Name    External Port Start   External Port End   Protocol   Internal Port Start   Internal Port End   Server IP Address
calibre        28080                 28080               TCP        8080                  8080                192.168.227.137
I may disable port triggering. I just need someone on the other line to test to see if it effects their ability to access my calibre content server. I do have port redirect on and it seems to be working so I may not mess with it.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 02-09-2012 at 07:35 PM. Reason: Removing library link
Old 02-09-2012, 12:16 PM   #40
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It is working (slowly)

I see some of the same books (Baen )

BTW Isn't always nighttime this time of year?
Well, right now Alaska doesn't have a sunrise until around 9am and the sun sets around 5pm...It feels like spring is right around the corner. It also helps that it got warmer and is now in the 20s instead of the -20s. In December and January the we only have about 5 hours of daylight so now that there are 7 hours it seems like more.
Old 02-09-2012, 12:31 PM   #41
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
I don't mind if others browse and download ebooks from my calibre library. Most of what I have is fan fiction.
Just be aware, the copyright holders of the other stuff might not be of the same mind!
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 07:38 PM   #42
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Now that the troubleshooting is complete I removed the link to your library in the previous posts and substituted fakename.no-ip.org. We don't want Mobileread to be a conduit for possible copyright infringement.

Glad the mystery is solved.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:35 PM   #43
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Now that the troubleshooting is complete I removed the link to your library in the previous posts and substituted fakename.no-ip.org. We don't want Mobileread to be a conduit for possible copyright infringement.

Glad the mystery is solved.
Thanks for the name change. I also didn't want my internet speed to slow to a crawl if too many people came by visiting.
Old 02-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #44
Amalthia
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
Just be aware, the copyright holders of the other stuff might not be of the same mind!
Sort of forgot about that since most of my collection is fanfiction not regular fiction books. Though, I suppose fan fiction is just as bad in their minds!