Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #1
shelmed
shelmed began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Can't alter 'Now Reading' List

Hi got my Kobo from Borders Australia and have been very happy with it - Have done the 1.4 firmware upgrade with no problems and overall feel this is a significant improvement – especially being able to allter the fonts of ALL epub files.

However am still stuck with the problem of not being able to change the 'now reading' status and this is after I have changed over to the Kobo.com desktop app from the Borders version.

Is everybody having the same problem as me? Does anyone know of a way I can fix this? Any help is appreciated – thanks
shelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 04:34 PM   #2
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelmed View Post
However am still stuck with the problem of not being able to change the 'now reading' status and this is after I have changed over to the Kobo.com desktop app from the Borders version.
Are you talking about not having an option to remove books from the I'm Reading list? If so, the official answer appears to be "turn to the last page of the last chapter". I have an unofficial answer which may help.
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 08:48 PM   #3
3d0g
I make fjords.
3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.3d0g can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: kobo 1 (retired), kobo 2, iPad, G2, Galaxy Tab 7+
The "I'm Reading" is managed from your account on kobobooks.com where you can delete items there. Last I looked, Borders had not added this functionality however.
3d0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Row
Row began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Yeah... I have this issue - I do the go to the last chapter thing - and it works until I Sync again.
Row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 09:22 PM   #5
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
On the Kobo website in Canada, folks often delete the books they do not want in the "I'm reading" section (which puts them in the trash), sync, and then take them out of the trash.

From my perspective, a better bet is to load the books via ADE. When you then unmount the Kobo, the new books will be in "I'm reading". If you start reading them, at that point, the book will stay there. If you do not start the book (which creates a bookmark) the newly loaded book will slip back into the "Books" section, where they show as unread.

If you prefer not to use ADE, you will see the same behaviour if you sideload using Calibre.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #6
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
I am working on the managing the "I'm Reading" list functionality in Calibre. I hope to have a read only view of the list in the next release and then I will work on managing it.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #7
farrioth
Enthusiast
farrioth began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo eReader
Quote:
Originally Posted by timlegge View Post
I am working on the managing the "I'm Reading" list functionality in Calibre. I hope to have a read only view of the list in the next release and then I will work on managing it.
I was looking into writing something to give the same functionality, so it would be good to hear what progress you've made. I assume you've been following the recent thread on the issue?
farrioth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 07:36 AM   #8
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by farrioth View Post
I was looking into writing something to give the same functionality, so it would be good to hear what progress you've made. I assume you've been following the recent thread on the issue?
Hi

I have been keeping an eye on the forum and saw the thread. I don't believe that a lot of work is required. Calibre already has some functionality for syncing Collections. I just need to figure out how that piece works.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote