Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-04-2010, 06:25 AM   #1
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Great Customer Svc at Walmart

This may not be the right area to post this but I wanted to share a GOOD experience with a store. I bought my daughter a Sony PRS 600 in February at Walmart that has been problematic in the past 2 months. It needed hard resets almost every time you turn it on, and had the fade in the sun problem. Sometimes she'd open a book and the whole thing would be there, other times only the first page would open. She wasn't using the reader much but hadn't let on as to why until I asked. I knew this wasn't normal as this is the third PRS600 we have purchased and the other 2 have had no problems.

I emailed Walmart about any warranty, etc. I had assumed they'd tell me to contact Sony, which most places would have done. Instead, they're mailing us a new reader today (I emailed them Saturday) and have sent a return postage slip for us to use to return the old one. No questions asked.

I just thought this was extraordinary customer service and that I needed to share with my fellow mobilereaders.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 11:04 AM   #2
ski_power
Book eater
ski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it isski_power knows what time it is

Device: Kindle 3 G 3G (<-lol)
I recently read "Made in America" by Sam Walton, and it really convinced me that he believes in putting the customer ahead all the time. It's a good read imo.
Just remembered that as I was reading your post.
ski_power is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
banjobama
Busy Read'n
banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjobama ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux 5
Nice to hear about a good experience.

My friend used to work at Wal-Mart, about five years ago. She said they HAVE to take back anything anyone comes in to return. She said ladies would return old, worn bras, the brand of which Wal-Mart does not even sell. Gross!
banjobama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 07:56 PM   #4
mbelec
Addict
mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbelec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, Ipad 3
Ewww! Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. They shipped me a new one yesterday, and I have 60 days to return the old one. I thought LL Bean was the only one with customer service like that.
mbelec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbelec View Post
Ewww! Yes, I was pleasantly surprised. They shipped me a new one yesterday, and I have 60 days to return the old one. I thought LL Bean was the only one with customer service like that.
Amazon did that with a defective DVD except I had 30 days to return the defective one.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2010, 09:27 PM   #6
wodin
Illiterate
wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wodin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S10+, Microsoft Surface Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ski_power View Post
I recently read "Made in America" by Sam Walton, and it really convinced me that he believes in putting the customer ahead all the time. It's a good read imo.
Just remembered that as I was reading your post.
Sam would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what the MBAs have turned WalMart into.

When Sam was running the company, you would never find a "Made in China" lable in any WalMart, only "Made in USA". Now it's the only thing you find.
wodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #7
Barnone
Barnone began at the beginning.

Device: none
I remember the signs at Walmart about "Made in America" but now days they wouldn't have any stock in the stores if they stuck to "Made in America".

I don't think that you can blame the MBAs. Like Pogo said,"We have found the enemy and they is us."
Barnone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 PM   #8
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
gotta love good service when ya can get it
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 AM   #9
dlmartin6
Debra L Martin
dlmartin6 doesn't litterdlmartin6 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle
Glad you had a good experience at Walmart. My own experience with them have been positive as well. They have taken back defective merchandise without any hassle whatsoever.
dlmartin6 is offline   Reply With Quote