Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 10:49 PM   #1
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

Device: iPad
Stephen King; Sam Landstrom & Justin Kemppainen

[COLOR="Navy"]I just recently finished reading Haven by Justin Kemppainen and Meta Game, by Sam Landstrom. Read them while I was on a vacation cruise. When I got back, I started reading Under the Dome, by Stephen King. So far, so very good! but of course it's very good, it's Stephen King /COLOR]

Last edited by Treven; 06-12-2010 at 10:53 PM.
Treven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
edbro
Banned
edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.edbro is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: iPad4
I just recently finished reading Haven by Justin Kemppainen and Meta Game, by Sam Landstrom. Read them while I was on a vacation cruise. When I got back, I started reading Under the Dome, by Stephen King. So far, so very good! but of course it's very good, it's Stephen King

is what you meant to say.
edbro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2010, 08:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just recently finished reading Haven by Justin Kemppainen and Meta Game, by Sam Landstrom. Read them while I was on a vacation cruise. When I got back, I started reading Under the Dome, by Stephen King. So far, so very good! but of course it's very good, it's Stephen King

There. That fixes the OP.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 09:22 AM   #4
kbrand
Enthusiast
kbrand began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 300
Reading under the dome right now. about half way. It has been a good read so far. I have not hated to put it down, but it has still been enjoyable, if that makes since.
kbrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 10:53 PM   #5
Treven
Addict
Treven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enoughTreven will become famous soon enough

I'm about halfway through myself. While I've seen several Stephen King movies, this is the first book of his that I've read. So far I've been very pleased with the book.]
Advert
Old 06-19-2010, 05:24 AM   #6
NickSpalding
Addict
NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NickSpalding ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
If you like Under The Dome and haven't read any other King, you must track down 'The Stand'...one of his best by far.
NickSpalding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 AM   #7
aomtg
Ben
aomtg began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
One thing I enjoyed about reading Stephen King dis he oes a real good job in developing charcters and setting. So even though his books are a little long, they keep you reading like a long but intersting movie.
aomtg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #8
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSpalding View Post
If you like Under The Dome and haven't read any other King, you must track down 'The Stand'...one of his best by far.
Ditto It. Both fr better than Dome
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 09:28 AM   #9
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickSpalding View Post
After the original release of The Stand, I stopped reading Stephen King. I did try his next book but couldn't slog my way through it; never tried another one of his books again. The Stand was the epitome of King's craft, to my way of thinking. Everything else a mere sideshow.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #10
Treven
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aomtg View Post
One thing I enjoyed about reading Stephen King dis he oes a real good job in developing charcters and setting. So even though his books are a little long, they keep you reading like a long but intersting movie.
Well I'm used to reading James Mitchner, so the length of time King takes, at least in the Dome, isn't long at all.
Old 06-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #11
A_J_Lath
Zealot
A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.A_J_Lath ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Computer
Under the Dome is pretty good...though I sometimes found myself wondering if it was inspired by The Simpsons movie.
A_J_Lath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 05:46 PM   #12
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
I'm about halfway through myself. While I've seen several Stephen King movies, this is the first book of his that I've read. So far I've been very pleased with the book.]
Nope! The OP is using viral technique to sell vacation cruises. He is actually saying he has two tickets on the Holland American Cruise Ship, "Jean Claude Van Damme" sailing from Miami on August 18th for a 2 week cruise of the Southern Caribbean. If you buy these tickets he will throw in an e version of a Stephen King novel.

It's so obvious! What's wrong with you guys!
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 11:41 PM   #13
Trebro
Connoisseur
Trebro began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Personally, my favorite King is Cujo. I also liked A Change of Seasons, the one they got Stand by Me and Shawshank from.
Trebro is offline   Reply With Quote