Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Comments field

Is there a regex that will select books with an empty comments field?

I'm going through the process of adding detailed comments to books and I just what to see which ones are left.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:31 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Try comment:false in the search field. That works for covers ...

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Is there a regex that will select books with an empty comments field?

I'm going through the process of adding detailed comments to books and I just what to see which ones are left.
In the (normal) search box: comments:false
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:47 AM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Make sure your version is one of the last 2-3 or so. There was a bug in the code and prior to that the "false" searches only found the first entry. (Possibly "not comments:true" would have worked for older versions.)
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:12 PM   #5
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Make sure your version is one of the last 2-3 or so. There was a bug in the code and prior to that the "false" searches only found the first entry. (Possibly "not comments:true" would have worked for older versions.)
"not comments:true", works, thanks. (using 0.6.46)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
That mostly works although it also picks up comments with the word "false" in them. Seems like a combined logic AND text search.

Last edited by banjomike; 04-08-2010 at 12:15 PM.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-08-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
That mostly works although it also picks up comments with the word "false" in them.
Thanks for responding. I saw this error a while back, meant to think about the solution, then forgot about it.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:10 PM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
That mostly works although it also picks up comments with the word "false" in them. Seems like a combined logic AND text search.
That is indeed what the code does, and it is a bug. I probably broke it, and I will definitely fix it.

BTW: not comments:true does work correctly.

BTW**2: The regexp comments:~^$ should in theory match an empty comment. However, empty comments are represented as missing text, not text containing no characters, so no regexp (or any other match) is tested. I could make a special case of this pattern, if the general consensus is that it really should work.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:18 PM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
That is indeed what the code does, and it is a bug. I probably broke it, and I will definitely fix it.
I spotted the previous bug in the false searches, and while looking for it, I became somewhat familiar with the search code. Later I encountered the bug that "comments:false" found comments that have the word "false" in them, and I remember I was sort of puzzled as I had vaguely recalled the code and thought that this shouldn't have happened. I realize now you must have changed the code.

Quote:
BTW: not comments:true does work correctly.
Actually, when I suggested that, it was because I remembered the old code had first identified "false" searches, then went on to process non-false searches differently. It's nice to know that it works, but I suspect you will fix the code pretty quickly

Quote:
BTW**2: The regexp comments:~^$ should in theory match an empty comment. However, empty comments are represented as missing text, not text containing no characters, so no regexp (or any other match) is tested. I could make a special case of this pattern, if the general consensus is that it really should work.
When I spotted the new bug in the false search (locates comments with "false" in the text), the first thing I did was try a regexp search. I suppose if you are in the code again, you might as well add that, as I can imagine people doing that search if they know regex, but not about true/false searches.