Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 06:32 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Has anybody tried the Kindle PDF reflow

After upgrading to the newest firmware, in order to get PDF support I read that reflow is done by emailing a PDF to one's Kindle email. I'm wondering if anybody has tried the PDF reflow if so how good is it?

Thank you in advance,
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 08:07 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
The PDF update has nothing to do with reflowing. It merely offers the ability to view tiny letters on your screen. The emailing of the PDF to Amazon and getting an AZW file back doesn’t depend on the update, it's an option that has always been there.

The conversion sort of works, but you may lose large amounts of formatting, and it doesn't work well with figures, columns, or pictures.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-22-2010, 12:14 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Ah thanks that makes sense. I do recall they've always had the ability to convert PDF to MOBI. What threw me off is they used the word "reflow" and I was thinking it was a PDF reflow.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:33 PM   #4
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
I do recall they've always had the ability to convert PDF to MOBI. What threw me off is they used the word "reflow" and I was thinking it was a PDF reflow.
Converting from PDF to MOBI is a full document reflow. What mobile Adobe Digital Editions does on most Readers (not implemented on the Kindle) is a single page at a time reflow.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote