Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #1
alexbush
alexbush began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 600
Reader library installs but won't start

After several atempts, got the lbrary software installed (turned off virus checker and downloaded new version of library). However, it won't run! Task manager reports the reader.exe process running and taking about 85k of memory but nothing on screen or in task bar.

Any help gratefully received
alexbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:05 AM   #2
Inspector S
Inspector S began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Have you tried un-installing it and installing it again? It could be that there is a bug in the installed version due to your other attempts to install the version that came with the ereader.
I had problems loading the library from my touch and had to download the newest version from Sony, but didn't have a problem then. However I have since used Calibre, which in my view is much better, especially as it will convert books on the fly rather than having to use a converter as you would have to do with the Sony software.
Inspector S is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-09-2010, 12:17 PM   #3
darkpoet
ePub Headbanger
darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.darkpoet knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Boox Poke4 / Sony PRS-505
Get on over to this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...659#post780659
darkpoet is offline   Reply With Quote