Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-09-2008, 09:11 AM   #1
Shiren
Connoisseur
Shiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enoughShiren will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-505/iPod Touch
PDF conversion & indentation

I have a pdf document I want to convert to lrf using Calibre. I'm using the default settings as I'm not sure how they work. The conversion works well but my file loses all indentation (tabs at the beginning of new paragraphs). Is there a setting that allows me to pick up the tabs in my file?
Shiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 01:15 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
In the override css field put

p { text-indent: 6em }
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 09:10 AM   #3
AndyG
AndyG began at the beginning.

Device: 505, Kindle DX
That doesn't work for me unfortunately, would be great to have a method which did though as I miss the indents a lot too.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:13 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Open a ticket and attach one these PDFs that have indentation problems.
Old 12-11-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
AndyG
AndyG began at the beginning.

Device: 505, Kindle DX
Not sure what "open a ticket" means, but here is an example PDF:

http://www.alioth.net/Fiction/oolitestory.pdf
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-11-2008, 02:09 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

http://calibre.kovidgoyal.net/newticket