Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-26-2014, 09:10 PM   #1
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
The Latest Kindle Countdown Deals

I kept thinking (insert joke here about what I get for thinking) that someone else would post the following item on this forum, but since no one has, I will.

Amazon has a new Kindle Countdown Deals sale, with 1677 books in the sale this time. No, your eyes are not deceiving you--that's 1677 books!

I'm skimming over the titles . . . . I see a lot of 99 cent books, $1.99 books. There are relatively few over $1.99.

Many of these books seem to be really good! There are lot that are very highly rated.

There is a wide variety of genres represented.

It seems like I saw somewhere when the sale was to end, but I can't find it now. All I see is that it is "limited time" (duh).

Here's a link: http://www.amazon.com/b?node=7078878011.

Happy hunting.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-26-2014 at 10:12 PM.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
mitford13
Guru
mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mitford13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air2, Fire HD10, Paperwhite, Kobo App
Just to put it in perspective...Countdown promotions are just another option Amazon now offers KDP Select (self-published) authors, and small presses enrolled in Select...another marketing gimmick like the five free days per 90-day Select enrollment option. So offerings will be constantly rotating.
mitford13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2014, 03:33 PM   #3
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitford13 View Post
Just to put it in perspective...Countdown promotions are just another option Amazon now offers KDP Select (self-published) authors, and small presses enrolled in Select...another marketing gimmick like the five free days per 90-day Select enrollment option. So offerings will be constantly rotating.
Thanks for the information.

In my excitement, I did not notice that none, or few, of the authors were well-known, and the publishers were all indies and such like. But, there still are a lot of highly-rated, interesting-looking books in the selection.

Hopefully the next time Amazon has a Countdown promotion I'll remember what it's all about.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:26 PM   #4
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
There are some small publishers that do participate, but you have to search for them.

OTOH, I believe Hugh Howey has books there now and then (along with loanable in the KLL) -- he's indie, but the biggest worldwide, for the moment.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:28 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
I wish there is a way to just view the daily new additions to the countdown promo. I just don't have the time to go through all the pages to discover the newly added ones.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2014, 11:21 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenapple View Post
I wish there is a way to just view the daily new additions to the countdown promo. I just don't have the time to go through all the pages to discover the newly added ones.
Wow. I didn't realize that Amazon would be adding books all along, but you're right--there are 89 more books (a total of 1766) than there were when I first posted about the sale. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm like you, I don't have the time to go through the pages to discover the newly added ones. In fact, I have not had time to go through the initial 1677 ones yet.

I'm inclined just not to bother with this sale anymore. All they are are indies with a smattering of small publishers anyway. I hope that when Amazon does this kind of sale again they will have a "newly added" section.
Old 04-28-2014, 01:41 AM   #7
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It isn't Amazon, it's the indie authors. They can sign up anytime and run deals for short to long periods of time. The terms are more generous, I believe, than the free days allowed via KDP, to encourage authors and publishers to have sales, not kill the Amazon servers with freebies.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer

I just checked the Kindle Countdown sale again. The number of books is up to 1,853 now! In view of how many books keep being added to the sale all the time, maybe Amazon needs to change the name of the sale from the "Countdown" sale to the "Countup" sale.

Last edited by GtrsRGr8; 04-28-2014 at 08:35 PM.
Old 04-28-2014, 10:50 PM   #9
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
If I am not mistaken, the period of countdown is always 6 days. Every day, some books will be taken off the promotion list as their promo times run out. But everyday there will be books starting their fresh 6-day sale. The difficulty is in filtering out these new ones, if you look at the list daily.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote