Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-11-2012, 12:25 AM   #1
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
For Mother's Day: ? Best covers/other items for Kindle Fire and Touch

Hi!

I'm getting to choose my Mother's Day gift which will be accessories for both my KF and Kindle Touch

Would like suggestions for
1. Covers for both
(Currently I take in box or wrap in cloth to transport. Want them to have real "homes" aka covers )

2. Stylus for KF and possibly for Kindle Touch if available

3. Screen protector advice for KF
Ex. Is it recommended to get a screen protector for the KF? I'd like to protect screen and reduce glare.
This would be my first experience installing which I've read can be tricky

4. Will probably buy thru Amazon since have credit card points.
But an seeking advice on alternative places to buy that
may be less expensive

Thanks for your help!
Vinegal
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Oberon makes wonderful covers but there is no way one would be ready for Mother's Day at this time. They make them when they get the order in and then ship them.

A screen protector is not really needed. There is limited glare on the Kindle and they provide little protection. A cover is a much better idea.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2012, 11:19 PM   #3
VineGal
Enthusiast
VineGal began at the beginning.

Device: Still looking. (Trying Nook Tab and NookST, Don't meet needs)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Oberon makes wonderful covers but there is no way one would be ready for Mother's Day at this time. They make them when they get the order in and then ship them.

A screen protector is not really needed. There is limited glare on the Kindle and they provide little protection. A cover is a much better idea.

Thanks for info!

Even if won't be here for Mother's Day that's ok.

My 7 year old suggested I pick what I want and he and his Dad would go out and get it.

Thanks
Vinegal
VineGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have four Oberon covers and wil be getting the fifth for Mothers Day. All for different devices or journals.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 01:51 PM   #5
Casey57
Connoisseur
Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Casey57 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3/Kindle Fire/Kindle Touch/iPhone/iPod/iPad
Another vote for Oberon.....this sounds like an ad! . They are truly beautiful and worth the extra money, IMHO. The customer service is top-notch as well. I highly recommend them!
Casey57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 10:50 AM   #6
Sivie89
Sivie89 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4
I have one of these

http://www.etsy.com/listing/10037751...er-case-custom

and it is very nice and well finished.
Sivie89 is offline   Reply With Quote