Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 07-02-2014, 06:06 AM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPrince View Post
chm decoder generate a table of content with java tree so calibre is not recognizing java

when i convert just one page it is okay
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
Really large CHM files can be tricky. I have some electronic copies of codes and regulations that came in CHM format, and it took me a week to get a good conversion that worked properly.
I suspect the medical texts you want to convert would be at least as complex as the the documents CWatkinsNash references.

Not sure I can help you any further, I've only converted a couple of small CHM's to EPUB and the results were mediocre. I now have a couple of free CHM readers on my Android tablet, they're not great but good enough - beats messing around with complex conversions.

If you had PDF I believe there are various options for making PDFs easier to read on Kindles.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 07-02-2014 at 06:11 AM.
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:51 AM   #17
DrPrince
Nameless Being

Unhappy

I just want to know how to convert this html with java to plain html page to use it in calibre

also I have PDF of the same book and use koreader, Duokan and Hackedupredaer with not a good results

I hope converting to Mobi will be much better

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-07-02 14-39-13.png
Views:	200
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	124842

Click image for larger version

Name:	02-07-2014 02-44-28 م.png
Views:	213
Size:	282.7 KB
ID:	124843
Advert
Old 07-02-2014, 06:21 PM   #18
Sabardeyn
Guru
Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sabardeyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre), Nexus 7 2013 (Moon+ Pro), HTC HD2/Leo (Freda)
We understand what you want.

The problem is that the ebook you have is produced in a manner which makes a simple and automatic conversion impossible. Programmatically and structurally, that ebook is just too complex. That may have been the point; it was done purposefully to prevent easy conversion.
Sabardeyn is offline   Reply With Quote