Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #16
D3TO
D3TO began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Vox
Okay, I downloaded overdrive, went to Toronto library, successfully downloaded 2 epubs to the vox. Began reading and bookmarked. Vox went to sleep and upon waking, I can't get back into Overdrive. Keep getting error message: "The ... app has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." When I do that, and try to re-open I keep getting same error message. What gives?
D3TO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 09:48 AM   #17
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3TO View Post
Okay, I downloaded overdrive, went to Toronto library, successfully downloaded 2 epubs to the vox. Began reading and bookmarked. Vox went to sleep and upon waking, I can't get back into Overdrive. Keep getting error message: "The ... app has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." When I do that, and try to re-open I keep getting same error message. What gives?

I've tried duplicating the error by reading a library book and letting it go to sleep a number of times, as well as just shutting it down while I'm in a book, but have not been able to. I even tried to duplicate the problem by letting it go to sleep while listing to an audio book, but it just continued to play, and still no crash after "waking" it.

You may want to uninstall the app and try re-installing it again.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 09:52 AM   #18
D3TO

Thanks for helping, but I had this problem yesterday. Overnight, while powered down, the overdrive app disappeared entirely, so I had re-installed this a.m. anyway. Same problem. I'm beginning to think I've got major bugs - downloaded apps, Globe&Mail edition and email all disappear when powered off... contents of email are showing up blank now. Loved this thing when I got it, now major frustration!
Old 11-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #19
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Psyke, I am having the same problem with my adobe account, it won't recognize my
user name and password. You said you contacted customer support, was this adobe customer support? Kobo couldn't help me.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 11:18 AM   #20
Psyke
Evangelist
Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Psyke ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wi-Fi - Kobo Touch - GNex - N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alans View Post
Psyke, I am having the same problem with my adobe account, it won't recognize my
user name and password. You said you contacted customer support, was this adobe customer support? Kobo couldn't help me.
any adobe login errors should probably go through Adobe's customer support. my issue was when I tried to login, I basically get too many devices activated error, despite the fact I had de-authorized devices. You are only allowed to have 5 or 6 devices authorized at any one time, but if it's not removing devices you're asking it to, then you need to contact Adobe support (I just used their online chat), and asked them to reset the counter.

if it's some other error, they should still be able to help you.
Psyke is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-09-2011, 11:29 AM   #21
Alans
Connoisseur
Alans began at the beginning.

Thank-you Psyke..I will contact them.
Alans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 05:55 PM   #22
trek790
Enthusiast
trek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheesetrek790 can extract oil from cheese

Have you resolved any of these issues? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3TO View Post
Thanks for helping, but I had this problem yesterday. Overnight, while powered down, the overdrive app disappeared entirely, so I had re-installed this a.m. anyway. Same problem. I'm beginning to think I've got major bugs - downloaded apps, Globe&Mail edition and email all disappear when powered off... contents of email are showing up blank now. Loved this thing when I got it, now major frustration!
trek790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM   #23
D3TO

Nope, nothing resolved, Kobo support team has been very slow getting back to me and the responses are inadequate. Basically things don't "stick" to my device after powering down: emails, pubs, apps, settings etc. And get this: I did a factory reset (twice!), supposedly blowing away all my settings and info. so I could return this device and free myself of the nightmare, and, yup, after I powered up again, everything's still there. I'm calling them today to figure out how I can blow everything away before returning it.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:13 AM   #24
SensualPoet
Wizard
SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SensualPoet ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Asus ZenPad 3, Kobo Glo
I wonder what that Overdrive error was? I have been using it successfully, with the Toronto library, for several days.
SensualPoet is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ade, kobo vox, library books, overdrive