Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 03-20-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
Mayzshon
Enthusiast
Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mayzshon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Where are most of your books selling?

While I've sold about 10 copies of my book at Amazon, I've only sold 1 at smashwords, and so far 0 at Barnes and Noble. I usually try to provide links to all three, so I'm not quite sure why the disparity.

Where are you finding you make the most sales?
Mayzshon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
kateharp
kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.kateharp can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: kindle
Amazon, about 80 % 20 % BN. I don't use smashwords. I think you should keep your whole royalty.
-Kate
kateharp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2011, 05:41 AM   #3
dworth
Zealot
dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dworth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle pc
I'm currently selling far more via Amazon.co.uk than anywhere else, something like ten times the number via the US site. I guess the British really love space opera Sales via Smashwords started off quite well, particularly from Apple, but seem to have dropped off to a trickle.
dworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 01:56 PM   #4
stephanievoid
Indie Author
stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!

Only on the Kindle so far.
stephanievoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:08 PM   #5
Mel Comley
Addict
Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mel Comley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've sold over 6000 books on Amazon and only about 10 on smashwords. I gave away over 500 copies of my book last week on there too.
Mel Comley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-23-2011, 07:44 PM   #6
Arthur Slade
Enthusiast
Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arthur Slade ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
I've only sold 50 so far. 8 with smash words 10 with iBooks and the rest with kindle.
Arthur Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 09:03 AM   #7
altworld
Evangelist
altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.altworld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android G1
The Nook and Kobo seem to be the best places for my stories at the moment, I'm pottering along on the Kindle and Apple. What is odd is I'm just starting to gain traction on the Sony eReader device.

Not complaining who is reading what on what device, just happy that people like the stories that I am telling.
Arigato,
Nick Davis
altworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #8
stephanievoid
Indie Author
stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!stephanievoid rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mel Comley View Post
I've sold over 6000 books on Amazon and only about 10 on smashwords. I gave away over 500 copies of my book last week on there too.
.... That's amazing! Congrats on those great sales! How did you do it?
stephanievoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most of my sales come from my own site, with single-digit sales coming out of commercial sites (Amazon, B&N, Smashwords) each year. Mind you, my site's sales just barely touch triple-digits each year, and last year, I wasn't even close...
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:27 AM   #10
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Amazon

I sell the most books through Amazon, usually a good bit higher than any of my other outlets.

The last few months it has gone:
Amazon
Overdrive
B&N

It seems like the demographic of users on Barnes and Noble is a bit different than Amazon. What sells really well on B&N doesn't necessarily sell well on Amazon.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 05:36 AM   #11
MichaelJScott
Zealot
MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MichaelJScott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've committed myself to not obsessing over sales, meaning I only check 2x a month. So I don't have current numbers.

I can say that most of my sales are through Amazon. Some through Sony. I've picked up one or two from B&N, Apple, and Smashwords. And as of mid-month, I'd sold eleven print books through CreateSpace (just released March 1st).
MichaelJScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 02:54 AM   #12
GoblinWriter
vizsla wrangler
GoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting WindowsGoblinWriter format shifts faster than booting Windows

Device: Kindle 3G
I sell about 50% through Amazon, 40% through B&N, and 10% through Smashwords (with a couple here and there from iTunes, Sony, etc.).

I think the folks who do well at Smashwords have free ebooks there. That's probably the main reason I do fairly well at B&N too (I hardly sold anything there before my freebie popped into their store).
GoblinWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 11:17 AM   #13
mmessina
Author-saurus-rex
mmessina has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle
Wow, well I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I've sold like 3 on amazon and like 19 on smashwords. How are you guys advertising to push traffic to the amazon end of things?
mmessina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 01:51 PM   #14
Joonbug1
Groupie
Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joonbug1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmessina View Post
Wow, well I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I've sold like 3 on amazon and like 19 on smashwords. How are you guys advertising to push traffic to the amazon end of things?
This, plus I'd like to know how others who sell well on the Nook are getting the word out to Nook readers about their work.

Thanks in advance.
Joonbug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
Keith Brooke
Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.Keith Brooke is no ebook tyro.

The vast majority of our sales at infinity plus have been through Amazon, so far. It's mostly a 50:50 split between UK and US, apart from January when US sales were boosted by a lovely write-up in [Promotion deleted - MODERATOR].

Sales through Smashwords have been a trickle at best, but as we're based in the UK that seems the best way to get into places like Barnes and Noble, who make it very difficult for non-US suppliers to get in. It's a shame, as it takes me far longer to prepare a book for Smashwords than it does for Kindle!

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 03-19-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Keith Brooke is offline   Reply With Quote