Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-20-2010, 09:38 PM   #1
MR. Pockets
Addict
MR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura aboutMR. Pockets has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch, Aluratek Libre Pro
Book Test

I have a friend looking at getting an ereader for reading PDF scans of old church texts. I suggested he check out the eDge but he can't where he lives.
He said that this book (googlebooks) is pretty normal for what he wants to read. Could someone try it out and tell me how well it displays?
MR. Pockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 09:18 AM   #2
borisb
Addict
borisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it isborisb knows what time it is

Device: enTourage eDGe, Pocket eDGe, Kobo Vox, Kobo Touch, Asus Eee Note
It looks exactly like on the website - full size, super clear, beautiful.

Attached is a slightly blurry photo taken using my (crappy) phone.

Note that this is a full-sized eDGe, not the smaller Pocket eDGe. If you're dealing with PDFs, I recommend the larger eDGe so that you can read the PDFs easily.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SNC00116[1].jpg
Views:	435
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	61576  
borisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Actually I was surprised at how well I can read PDFs on the Pocket. Click Reflow first, then enlarge the text until it's comfortable. I haven't used this with books with charts yet though.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 11:59 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by pendragginp View Post
Click Reflow first, then enlarge the text until it's comfortable. I haven't used this with books with charts yet though.
Reflow will not work on image PDFs. In those books which include tables, charts and/or graphics, reflow 'will' enlarge the text but not display the tables, charts and graphics.

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 11-24-2010 at 12:00 PM. Reason: grammar
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 11:38 PM   #5
pendragginp
Guru
pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pendragginp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several
Ah. There we are then.
pendragginp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert