Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-03-2010, 04:15 AM   #1
Storyowner
Storyowner began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
pdf to epub conversion

Hoping someone out there can help.

I am using the latest version of Calibre to convert pdf to epub. When I view the output on my windows 7 laptop it is fine.
I use ADE to transfer to iRiver Story running v1.71 but when I open the epub book I can only see the cover no content is available. Am I doing something wrong during the conversion??
Storyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 05:38 AM   #2
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Why are you using ADE to transfer? Calibre should work as well. Try it that way, maybe ADE messes something up.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-03-2010, 07:48 AM   #3
Storyowner
Storyowner began at the beginning.

Device: iRiver Story
pdf to epub conversion

Thanks Manichean for your advice. When I use calibre to send to iriver story all the pages appear to be available.

The problem I now have is that the font size is far too small to read (about 1mm high on iriver), resizing makes no difference, do you know the calibre conversion settings to get the font size to a readable size for the iriver story? What device do I select in the setup wizard as iriver story is not included in the drop down? What do i put in the look and feel page and where?
Storyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 08:01 AM   #4
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Did you check that you are really transferring the ePub file to the device? The inability to resize text sort of implies fixed layout, thus PDF... you can select your preferred ebook format in the preferences and the priority and which formats to send in your devices' interface plugin (also found in preferences).
The font size of the ePub file can be influenced using the layout tab in the conversion settings. However, I can't help you with that, as I've never had to mess with it. The manual might be of some help.
As for selecting the device, I'd try out one that has a similar screen size and resolution to the one you have.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, calibre conversion, iriver story