Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 12:05 PM   #1
Sorraia3
Sorraia3 began at the beginning.

Device: eBookwise 1150, Sony PRS-600
Save to Device Filename

I'm trying to save a bunch of news to my Sony Reader 600. I've never had an issue with the books, but for some reason the news is insisting on naming itself with title_timestamp_calibre id. I've changed the send to device save template both in the preferences/add save and in the preferences plugins/device interface for sony reader to author/title, tags/title, News/title, News/tags/title and nothing I try is changing it. Any ideas?
I attached screen shots to show what I am seeing in case I explained badly. 01 and 02 are what I set it as, and 03 is what I ended up with on the device. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	338
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	53128   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard02.jpg
Views:	318
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	53129   Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard03.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	53130  
Sorraia3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is deliberate as many news recipes do not put the dates into the title, so they will overwrite old files because of a name collision.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:51 PM   #3
Sorraia3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This is deliberate as many news recipes do not put the dates into the title, so they will overwrite old files because of a name collision.
Ahh OK then. Thanks for the info. So I can't even break them down into title folders so they will go into individual collections instead of just the big News collection?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:06 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The SONY doesn't use folders to manage anything, so what would be the point
Old 06-10-2010, 01:17 PM   #5
Sorraia3

Quote:
The SONY doesn't use folders to manage anything, so what would be the point
oh OK. Sorry, still learning it all. Books went right into collections by author for me so the news threw me off. How do I get the news into collections by magazine?
Old 06-10-2010, 01:18 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

they are created by magazine by default, unless you changed how the sony driver created collections
Old 06-10-2010, 01:28 PM   #7
Sorraia3

Quote:
they are created by magazine by default, unless you changed how the sony driver created collections
Where would I have done that? My books all still going into author collections, but the mags are all going into one collection called News, so I must have changed something at some point.

Update:
Got it fixed now. All is as it should be. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by Sorraia3; 06-10-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 08-29-2010, 06:19 AM   #8
GPA
GPA began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700
Hi Sorraia? How did you solve the classification of the files of the rss feeds of the news recipes into a single folder called news? (I have a Sony 700, and its quite annoying for me, to have in my device a folder per each publication, I just want a big "News" folder... how do I do that!!!)
GPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:53 AM   #9
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Have you tried looking for the "News" collection rather worrying about the folders used? That should bring all news items into one place in the Sony UI.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #10
GPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Have you tried looking for the "News" collection rather worrying about the folders used? That should bring all news items into one place in the Sony UI.
Hi! Well, the folder "News" (actually, "Noticias") gets some of the rss recipes, but not all (and it also solves the issue of "one newspaper, one folder": in the collections, i classify other work stuff, so its kinda annoying to have the rss newspapers outside the "News" folder) any idea how to "tag" that? (with which lines of code that could be done? i tried to find it in the documentation, but... no luck!)
Old 08-29-2010, 10:06 PM   #11
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPA View Post
Hi! Well, the folder "News" (actually, "Noticias") gets some of the rss recipes, but not all (and it also solves the issue of "one newspaper, one folder": in the collections, i classify other work stuff, so its kinda annoying to have the rss newspapers outside the "News" folder) any idea how to "tag" that? (with which lines of code that could be done? i tried to find it in the documentation, but... no luck!)
By default every recipe has the News tag applied and could have other tags set as well. To remove the other tags go to the recipe's advanced tab and remove any tags listed and uncheck the Add title as tag box (see attached), then save the new setting.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	news_tags.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	108.1 KB
ID:	57364  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 04:44 AM   #12
GPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
By default every recipe has the News tag applied and could have other tags set as well. To remove the other tags go to the recipe's advanced tab and remove any tags listed and uncheck the Add title as tag box (see attached), then save the new setting.
Hi dwanthny! Well, on the 0.7.16 version, that checkbox didnt appear at all!!! Where could it be hidden now?

PS: The tag's code to embedd in the recipes, which one is? is that one called "category"?? (a cut and paste of a fully functional code might be helpful! :-) Thanks in advance!!
Old 08-30-2010, 05:38 AM   #13
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Hi dwanthny! Well, on the 0.7.16 version, that checkbox didnt appear at all!!! Where could it be hidden now?
The attached image above is from 0.7.16 under the advanced tab. The box is there and needs to be unchecked if you want to stop the default of having the title of the recipe as the tag.

Quote:
PS: The tag's code to embedd in the recipes, which one is? is that one called "category"?? (a cut and paste of a fully functional code might be helpful! :-) Thanks in advance!!
You are running into options that set the tag regardless of what is in the recipe. But, you can read more about recipe creation under Adding your favorite news website, also check the further reading options.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote