Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-22-2016, 07:17 AM   #616
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

Device: Kobo Forma
I can not toggle it on my KA1, i have to edit the nightmode.ini to switch it off!
jamalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 10:10 AM   #617
loco_diabolo
loco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterloco_diabolo can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: kobo glo, kobo aura
Today I put firmware 4.2.8110 on my Kobo Aura (not KA1). And with the experimental nightmode for KA1, i can toggle by light switch as before.

Many thanks to frostschutz and KevinShort as well!!

Last edited by loco_diabolo; 12-18-2016 at 10:16 AM.
loco_diabolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2016, 12:22 AM   #618
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I'm pleased to confirm loco_diablo's observation:

The inverse-video night mode hack is working with firmware 4.2.8110 on the classic 6-inch Aura (version 1) *if* you use the experimental version updated for the Aura One; a long press of the regular Aura's light switch toggles regular and inverse-video modes. The correct version of the hack is here in message 610 of this thread.

THANK YOU!
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 10:18 AM   #619
lohtse
Groupie
lohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciselohtse juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: Kobo Touch
can seem to get this working on my touch(original) any ideas?? its on the latest firmware
lohtse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 07:10 AM   #620
drjd
The Couch Potato
drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Archos 9, Onyx Boox C67ML Carta
After upgrading my Kobo Glo (Mark 4) with FW 4.2.8110, I was not able to apply the Nightmode patch. Therefore I tried the experimental nightmode provided by frostschutz, and It worked!

I can use the long press on light switch, and toggle the nightmode now. Thanks frostschutz!!
drjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2016, 02:10 AM   #621
jamalau
Connoisseur
jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.jamalau knows what's going on.

I am on FW 4.2.8110 for my KA1, with the new Kobopatcher and KA1 experiment from post #610, and i can toggel with these switches from @surquizu, it works well.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ightmode+reset

Last edited by jamalau; 12-23-2016 at 02:15 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 03:57 AM   #622
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamalau View Post
I am on FW 4.2.8110 for my KA1, with the new Kobopatcher and KA1 experiment from post #610, and i can toggel with these switches from @surquizu, it works well.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...ightmode+reset
Edit post with version for fw 4.2.8110. Only Nightmode. Tested on aura ONE and aura H2O

ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT:

After using the nightmode (either to activate or deactivate it) IT IS NECESSARY RESETTING YOUR KOBO (basic reset)

If this is not done, the reader will be locked out at the next connection from the reader to the PC and will not be recognized on the computer.

With the reset is done, works normally.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot-nightmode-fmon 4.2.8110.zip (37.7 KB, 169 views)
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:34 AM   #623
jamalau
Connoisseur

@surquizu

Thank you for your new Patch, but it doesn´t realy work, after the basic reset , my books and the nightmode.png was deletet. At the second try , the toggelfunktion doesn´t work fine. I´m back to KA1 experiment, with your switches , and all works fine!
I've tryed a third time, and it works, but when I try to turn off the reader, it does not work, I have to do a reset, and then I can turn it off!

Last edited by jamalau; 12-23-2016 at 08:33 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:51 AM   #624
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Edit post with version for fw 4.2.8110. Only Nightmode. Tested on aura ONE and aura H2O

ATTENTION, VERY IMPORTANT:

After using the nightmode (either to activate or deactivate it) IT IS NECESSARY RESETTING YOUR KOBO (basic reset)

If this is not done, the reader will be locked out at the next connection from the reader to the PC and will not be recognized on the computer.

With the reset is done, works normally.
You mean turn off and turn back on and not a factory reset yes?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 09:14 AM   #625
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You mean turn off and turn back on and not a factory reset yes?
Basic Reset, not a factory reset.

Reset: Hold down the power button for eight seconds. Release the power button. Press the power button once more firmly.

I am not a developer and I do not know how to solve it any other way.
Old 12-23-2016, 05:48 PM   #626
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Basic Reset, not a factory reset.

Reset: Hold down the power button for eight seconds. Release the power button. Press the power button once more firmly.
That's not a "basic reset". That's shutting the device down. Kobo uses the term "basic reset" for those with a pinhole reset button. Pressing that restarts the device without saving anything.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 07:41 PM   #627
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's not a "basic reset". That's shutting the device down. Kobo uses the term "basic reset" for those with a pinhole reset button. Pressing that restarts the device without saving anything.

Do not turn off a reader. It is a manual reset. Restarts the device without saving anything. Old definition of kobo basic reset:

Quote:
Performing a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader

There are two ways you can perform a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader.

If your eReader fails to respond, first try recharging it and powering it off and on. If that doesn't work, you may need to reset it. A basic reset will usually help, and doesn't affect the content of your eReader.

1.Hold down the power button for eight seconds.
2.Release the power button.
3.Press the power button once more firmly.

Using a paper clip to reset your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader

You can use a paper clip to perform a basic reset on your Kobo Wireless or Kobo Original eReader.

1.Take a small paper clip and unfold it until you have an inch or so of straight wire.
2.Turn your eReader over.
3.Locate the small hole on its back, near the bottom left corner.
4.Slide the end of the straightened paper clip into the hole.
5.Press gently until you feel a click.
6.Your eReader will reset.
https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...r?products=All

Last edited by surquizu; 12-23-2016 at 07:45 PM.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #628
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Do not turn off a reader. It is a manual reset. Restarts the device without saving anything. Old definition of kobo basic reset:

https://www.kobo.com/help/en-US/arti...r?products=All
I always see those as separate things. The first is to force the device to power off. And I'd forgotten it was only eight seconds. The second sends a reset signal that triggers a warm reboot in the same way as reset on a PC. Or maybe it just interrupts the power momentarily.

But, for what you want, a clean shutdown and restart should work. That happens when you hold the power button down for about four seconds. If the night mode patch is blocking that, there there is a different issue that needs to be looked at.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 02:40 PM   #629
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
If the night mode patch is blocking that, there there is a different issue that needs to be looked at.
I do not know how to do it. I am not a developer.
Old 01-18-2017, 02:11 PM   #630
Talos5
Talos5 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD

Last edited by Talos5; 01-23-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Talos5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch