Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 04-27-2014, 04:26 AM   #1
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Marvin and dropbox

I just purchased and installed Marvin on my wife's new iPad Mini and wanted to load books on using dropbox. I currently have a huge collection of ebooks in Calibre and lately started to add a bunch of woodworking books for my persona use. In my dropbox I created a folder for my wife and I have several other folders that contain various epub books that are of no interest to my wife. I've started to upload books for my wife by placing them in the dropbox folder I created for her. When I have Marvin go to the dropbox I see all of the epub books. How can I get Marvin to look only in the folder I created for her?
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:57 AM   #2
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
Go to the settings in Marvin, to Services where you originally set up Dropbox connectivity, then tap "Tap here to set a custom search directory".
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 12:16 PM   #3
jgt1942
Connoisseur
jgt1942 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
That worked - I just could not find the darn setting.
Thanks!!!
jgt1942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:10 AM   #4
visor
visor began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini Retina
Hi.
Is there any way to specify marvin which folder to use for dropbox sync ?
Thanks.
visor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 07:54 AM   #5
Philantrop
Addict
Philantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beautyPhilantrop does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindles (e-ink)
visor, read my answer two posts above your question...
Philantrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #6
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@visor - If you're referring to the place where Marvin stores location data (to sync locations), that folder is always <dropbox root>/Apps/com.marvinapp

You can find more information here: http://blog.marvinapp.com/post/61407972806
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote