Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-15-2013, 11:53 AM   #1
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle 4
Exclamation Images and cbz/cbr in landscape mode can't be scrolled

Product: Glo, Touch
Firmware: 2.4.0
Plugins: Tweaks
Steps to reproduce:
  1. open an image, a cbz or a cbr
  2. go to an image higher than larger
  3. rotate the image
  4. zoom fitting the width (the height will be fitted instead)
  5. try to scroll the image (that is move it, not turn the page)
Current result: image can't be scrolled. Note that if you try to zoom the height, nothing happens.
Expected result: zoom should behave correctly and you should be able to scroll the image
Testcase: see attached file
Workaround: convert the CBZ to the kepub format with calibre + kepub plugin. Make sure your new document has .kepub.epub extension instead of only .kepub.

Probably the software uses the original width and height of the image instead of width and height of the image as it's current displayed.

Do you know where I can submit this bug to Kobo?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	test.png
Views:	440
Size:	44.1 KB
ID:	105267  

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-05-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Lucas Malor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 PM   #2
Tachikoma
Connoisseur
Tachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a TexanTachikoma might easily be mistaken for a Texan

Device: Kobo Glo
Confirmed, can't scroll the cbz.
Tachikoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 10:13 AM   #3
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Problem also exist with Kobo Touch: CBR CBZ.
Zoom to fit in width or to fit in height both zoom out to maximum (next to - sign). And show both the same part of the page (roughly half of it; depends on paper size). But it is impossible to scroll to the non visual part.
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 11:24 AM   #4
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse
Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.Lucas Malor will give the Devil his due.

Thank you for confirmations. Do you know where can I report the bug?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Thank you for confirmations. Do you know where can I report the bug?
I had my daughter check on her Touch and in landscaped mode, she can scroll a zoomed CBZ/CBR file by sliding her finger on the screen. Ghosts like expletive deleted. Tried setting the pages before redraw to 1 but that didn't help much with the ghosting.

I grabbed one of her books and tried on the Glo. Looks pretty much the same. Put my finger about 1.5cm in from the edge of the screen and started drawing circles and the images followed -- somewhat. Seems to jump pages as well.

Regards,
David
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Touch, iPad, iPod and NintendoDS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucas Malor View Post
Steps to reproduce:
  1. open a cbz on your Kobo Glo firmware v2.4.0
  2. change the orientation to landscape
  3. zoom fitting the "height"
  4. try to scroll the page
I think zoom fitting the "height" doesn't allow to scroll the page. We can not scroll the page of portrait with fitting "height" either.
zztush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:23 AM   #7
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@zztush: It must be that, the viewer seems to suppose the height is greater than the width for all documents.

@DNSB: I don't know if I did understand well: did you say you can scroll them? Sorry, my english knowledge is a disaster.

PS: should I suppose Kobo has not a bug tracker?
Old 04-18-2013, 05:56 AM   #8
Anak
Fanatic
Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, you can scroll the document when some zooming factor is selected.
But if you choose no zoom (zoom level to minimum), fit to width or fit to hight you can't scroll through document page sizes that are bigger than the screen szie of the device.
If I rotate a portrait orentated CBR to landscape rougly only one half of the page is visible but you can not scroll to the non visible part of the page. So, there is no up or down scrolling possible.
When you zoom in one notch you can scroll through the document but then the document doesn't fit the width anymore so you must constantly scroll from left to right and up and down.

Last edited by Anak; 04-18-2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: +
Anak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #9
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

I think the scroll event is suppressed if the current document height is greater than or equal to the device height. It wrongly presume that height > width is always true, and doesn't take into account the document can be rotated.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #10
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

This bug was already reported here. I suggest you to write something there, or by other 4 months they will just come to know this bug exists...

Last edited by Lucas Malor; 04-23-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
zztush
Connoisseur
zztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toyszztush shares his or her toys

Scrolling is the normal method to move in html file. On the other hand, page turn is the normal method to move in pdf, cbz and cbr files. Epub looks like page turn but their pages are not similar to pdf, cbz and cbr. Epub is also very similar to html file to move.

I think the developers may not see it bag.
Old 04-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #12
deluja
deluja began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztush View Post

I think the developers may not see it bag.
It has to be a bag, because take for instance every desktop PDF reader, when you zoom to page width it is posible both to scroll down to page (for instance with arrow keys) and to move page up and down (with page up and page down keys). So it must be a bag.
deluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:04 AM   #13
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

@zztush: I didn't understand what do you mean with "page turn is the normal method to move in pdf, cbz and cbr files". If the page overflows the device screen you have to scroll the page, not turning it...
Old 04-24-2013, 07:49 AM   #14
zztush
Connoisseur

@Lucas Malor: If you zoom in the file you can scroll in landscape mode as well as portrait mode.

I think developers think landscape mode for landscape images. You use landscape mode for portrait images.

If you think it bag it is ok. I don't think it bag and I give up to use landscape mode for my cbz files. I actually make many cbz files with 600 pix width in order to see in portrait mode on my kobo touch. Even we could scroll, it may be not good enough to use it with such small screen and eink without enough cpu power.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Lucas Malor
Pain in the arse

Try rotating all the images.

PS: what do you mean with "it bag"? For what I know "bag" is an bad word, even if I could find it appropriate