Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-16-2012, 01:47 AM   #1
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Am I bonkers? Firmware 2.3.1

Am I bonkers or does my Touch's display background look a shade lighter after the upgrade? Or is it because the Amaranth font I switched to recently has broader strokes and looks darker? Anybody else?

PS The chess seems pretty decent.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:51 AM   #2
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechniSol View Post
Am I bonkers or does my Touch's display background look a shade lighter after the upgrade? Or is it because the Amaranth font I switched to recently has broader strokes and looks darker? Anybody else?.
I would suspect it's the font - I don't see how they could do that in software. I can't tell you for sure, though; the update hasn't been rolled out to me yet, and I have a Glo now! Have you tried going back to your previous font?
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 AM   #3
TechniSol
GranPohbah-Fezzes r cool!
TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TechniSol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STRs, Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
I wondered if maybe they hadn't set the background to the lightest possible setting originally? That was the only explanation other than the font change that came to mind. Obviously, the only way the background could actually become lighter was if there was a lighter setting previously not implemented for whatever reason, or a driver change that somehow allowed for a lower baseline background shade.

Maybe I'm cuckoo for Kobo, but the other night I compared my Kobo to my two Nook STRs and thought the Nooks' backgrounds looked a bit lighter. Tonight, after the upgrade yesterday, the Kobo seems as light as the Nooks... Maybe a trick of the light, but I'm in the same room with the same lighting.

Last edited by TechniSol; 12-16-2012 at 02:42 AM.
TechniSol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
Tacty
Zealot
Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tacty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One/Kobo Touch/iPad3
what is 2.3.1 fw in the first place? some regular update or what? i havent heard anything about new version of fw for kobo touch...
Tacty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacty View Post
what is 2.3.1 fw in the first place? some regular update or what? i havent heard anything about new version of fw for kobo touch...
Me neither.... how exciting!

What's changed? Is the progress bar with chapter indicators finally back?
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:30 AM   #6
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevermind, found it here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=199544#2

Reading stats while you read

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 12-16-2012 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-16-2012, 07:42 AM   #7
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
kepubs only.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
kepubs only.
AGH!!!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #9
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Nevermind, found it here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...php?t=199544#2

Very easy workaround if you want this on epub. add .kepub before the .epub suffix.
So your full extension is .kepub.epub

Just tested it and works great. I now get reading stats while reading any sideloaded book.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #10
Mrs_Often
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper1242 View Post
Very easy workaround if you want this on epub. add .kepub before the .epub suffix.
So your full extension is .kepub.epub

Just tested it and works great. I now get reading stats while reading any sideloaded book.
Yes, but, don't you also get page numbers displayed by chapter total instead by total page numbers? I really horridly hate that...
Old 01-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #11
Reaper1242
Reaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animalsReaper1242 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Yes, but, don't you also get page numbers displayed by chapter total instead by total page numbers? I really horridly hate that...
Yea you do. It seems you have a choice between kepub features and chapter paging or normal epubs with normal pages.
Hopefully Kobo will enable the feature as standard and offer a setting to choose numbering system.
Reaper1242 is offline   Reply With Quote