Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-28-2011, 10:25 AM   #1
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
Disabling Auto Update Question

Has anyone who disabled their auto updates by changing otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES had their nook auto update in spite of it? That would be good to know! For now I am keeping my wifi off just in case because I have my nook just the way I want it now!
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:37 PM   #2
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Neither of my (2) NC's have auto-updated. One of them has had the file rename performed, and one has not. Really hoping to hear back from some other folks, too.

Has anyone (rooted) had the auto-update to 1.1.0 take hold and basically reset the device?
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 05:14 PM   #3
rogerperk
Connoisseur
rogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enoughrogerperk will become famous soon enough

Device: NC Rooted
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
Neither of my (2) NC's have auto-updated. One of them has had the file rename performed, and one has not. Really hoping to hear back from some other folks, too.

Has anyone (rooted) had the auto-update to 1.1.0 take hold and basically reset the device?
CNET said "It should be noted that if you happened to have rooted your Nook Color, the update will wipe out your custom firmware." But they didn't say much more. I assume this means it'll go back to the stock configuration and you'll have to re-root. Someone in this forum said it didn't mess with your programs so after re-rooting they should be there with the exception of some books. I'm going to wait and let it update automatically and see what that does UNLESS some of you smart gals/guys have better information?
rogerperk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
Has anyone who disabled their auto updates by changing otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip_DISABLED_OTA_UPDATES had their nook auto update in spite of it? That would be good to know! For now I am keeping my wifi off just in case because I have my nook just the way I want it now!
Haven't gotten the update yet. I have renamed those files.
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 08:09 PM   #5
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

I don't have any better info. More specifically, I have no idea when the auto-update will release for any give NC. Anyone?
Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 PM   #6
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

And just for the record, I'd like to vote "Debteb" as having the coolest username ever. My brain forces me to repeat it out loud at least 5 times every time I see a post.

Last edited by KryptoNyte; 01-28-2011 at 08:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:18 PM   #7
jenniren
Nook Newb
jenniren began at the beginning.

Device: Alienware MX11, Droid 2, Nook Color
And what's wrong with jenniren? *glares at KryptoNyte* Kind of just rolls right off the tongue! I think among people who have not disabled updates, some people have received the update, and some haven't. I am really anxious to see if anyone who did the disable gets it. I imagine we will start hearing if this does happen soon enough...
jenniren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 PM   #8
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniren View Post
... *glares at KryptoNyte*
Ah, yes, and Jenniren, too!
Old 01-28-2011, 09:59 PM   #9
debteb
Connoisseur
debteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litterdebteb doesn't litter

Device: NOOKcolor, EVO, HP Touchpad
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryptoNyte View Post
And just for the record, I'd like to vote "Debteb" as having the coolest username ever. My brain forces me to repeat it out loud at least 5 times every time I see a post.
I think so too
debteb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 10:19 AM   #10
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Debteb ... Debteb ... Debteb ... Debteb ... Debteb ...

Still no auto-update here on either of my (2) NC's.

Anyone?
Old 01-31-2011, 08:11 PM   #11
KryptoNyte
Shepherd

Still two NC's here with no auto-update occurance.

Old 02-01-2011, 05:42 AM   #12
nabour
Gaget-lovin' Nana
nabour began at the beginning.

Device: Classic Nook, Nookcolor
Me, too. I had disabled the auto updates but wasn't sure what would happen. So far, so good - no update!
nabour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #13
GreenMonkey
DRM hater
GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GreenMonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook ST glow, Kindle Voyage
Some folks on XDA on 1.0.1 apparently had it roll back on them despite the OTA certs rename trick.

Mine remains safely on 1.0.0 though with the rename.
GreenMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote