Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-26-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
f00l
aka bad typist
f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.f00l can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Oasis, iphones, android, old kindles, fire phoned
Chapter books - what are they?

I see chapter book sections at Border's and Half Price Books. But I am an out-of-touch with the youth market baby boomer.

What is a chapter book? Does the definition include Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys? The original Oz series? Harry Potter? A Series of Unfortunate Events?

Please help this most clueless and un-post-worthy member.
f00l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 11:04 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by f00l View Post
I see chapter book sections at Border's and Half Price Books. But I am an out-of-touch with the youth market baby boomer.

What is a chapter book? Does the definition include Nancy Drew or the Hardy Boys? The original Oz series? Harry Potter? A Series of Unfortunate Events?

Please help this most clueless and un-post-worthy member.
Quickly grabbed from Wikipedia:
Quote:
A chapter book is a story book intended for intermediate readers, generally age 7-10. Unlike picture books for younger readers, a chapter book tells the story primarily through prose, rather than pictures. Unlike books for older readers, a chapter book contains plentiful illustrations. The name refers to the fact that the stories are usually divided into short chapters, which provide children with opportunities to stop and resume reading if their attention span is not long enough to finish the book in one sitting.
All of the books you've listed are for older children and aren't considered chapter books. Some chapter books my kids read were in series starring Amelia Bedelia, Frog and Toad, and Arthur.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert