Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #1
meghana jain
meghana jain began at the beginning.

Device: Dell Laptop XPS
Requesting a new development idea in the calibre software!!

Hey,

This would be the first time I am participating in a forum discussion, and I am not sure if these posts are read, replied or acted upon, or not. I am not even sure if this is the right place to post this request but if it is I hope the calibre team consider it, and if not, please suggest me where to approach them.

I am using calibre for a while now to manage my ebooks and reading material on my laptop. The thing is that there is a feature I wish it had. It would be nice to be able to mark the books I have read and those I haven't. Or even prioritize them as per my reading preference. Please see if it is possible, it would make my ebook calibre library more flexible!!

Thank you!! I hope somebody from the team reads this!!!

Meghana
meghana jain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:53 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by meghana jain View Post
Hey,

This would be the first time I am participating in a forum discussion, and I am not sure if these posts are read, replied or acted upon, or not. I am not even sure if this is the right place to post this request but if it is I hope the calibre team consider it, and if not, please suggest me where to approach them.

I am using calibre for a while now to manage my ebooks and reading material on my laptop. The thing is that there is a feature I wish it had. It would be nice to be able to mark the books I have read and those I haven't. Or even prioritize them as per my reading preference. Please see if it is possible, it would make my ebook calibre library more flexible!!

Thank you!! I hope somebody from the team reads this!!!

Meghana
Make a custom column

Also, spend some time reading about all the available plugins (see the stickies at the top of the Plugin sub-forum)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You might want to also look at the Reading List plugin that can automate setting a tag as part of the transfer to your device.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:39 AM   #4
avantman42
Wizard
avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.avantman42 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Another option is to have a pair of tags. I have "To Read" and "Read" tags for this. I can use the tag browser to show books that are on my to-read list, and filter further by other tags/authors/whatever.
avantman42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:22 PM   #5
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
I use yet another solution: a custom "Read" column where I put the date when I finished reading a book, and column colouring, so all books I have read are shown in colour. Plus the Reading List plugin to prioritize what I want to read.

All in all, Calibre is a very flexible program and in most cases, you can quite easily make it fit to your needs.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
alanHd
Addict
alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alanHd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Ipod Touch, Ipad Air
I have a custom column for books i have read and i am currently reading, all the books on my kindle are coloured, this is generated from the reading list plug in.
alanHd is offline   Reply With Quote