Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2011, 10:11 AM   #46
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: sony reader
i went with the cheap free shipping...i should have preorderd mine earlier, onliy did it on 9/20. Maybe they're backlogged.
krighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:00 AM   #47
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I know we in UK haven't [ to date ] got a Sony Store, but with the T-1 , does it matter where you buy it from ?
Or is there a resident gremlin that makes this A Bad Thing ?

Niot going to myself, just wondered -might get it cheaper that way ?
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2011, 11:11 AM   #48
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
It didn't matter with any of the older Reader models; there's no reason it should with the T1. We do have a Sony Store, and they are selling the T1. What we don't currently have is a Sony eBook store, not that that's any great loss. I generally buy my ePub books from Waterstones.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 11:04 PM   #49
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by krighton View Post
i went with the cheap free shipping...i should have preorderd mine earlier, onliy did it on 9/20. Maybe they're backlogged.
sony site just changed to "in stock", shipping 9/27. so i guess the dates that some of us have in the order info is in line with this. they ship tomorrow!
lightforx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:04 AM   #50
krighton
Addict
krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.krighton is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
sony site just changed to "in stock", shipping 9/27. so i guess the dates that some of us have in the order info is in line with this. they ship tomorrow!
ah, k, guess mine just isn't updated yet.....mine still says shipping 9/21
Advert
Old 09-27-2011, 08:06 AM   #51
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Is somebody going get their Reader today?? Who will it be? I'm so excited and I don't even plan to buy one.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 08:07 AM   #52
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightforx View Post
can you post a link, i'm still seeing preorder on sony site.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:48 AM   #53
lightforx
Enthusiast
lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.lightforx for a long time would go to bed early.

Quote:
ok this is odd. it went back to pre-order.
Old 09-27-2011, 11:16 AM   #54
krighton
Addict

i don't remember the date saying 'on or about' either.

wow, there's already a used PRS-T1 being sold on ebay...that didn't take long.

Last edited by krighton; 09-27-2011 at 11:21 AM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:13 PM   #55
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
Quote:
i don't remember the date saying 'on or about' either.

wow, there's already a used PRS-T1 being sold on ebay...that didn't take long.
That used one is actually a PRS-600 if you look at the image. The person is misrepresenting the item, asking 250$, and has one feedback. I'd certainly not bid on such a thing.

EDIT: Not to mention that the covers aren't yet shipping, let alone the red/white ones.

Last edited by Kolenka; 09-27-2011 at 12:37 PM.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 12:18 PM   #56
krighton
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
That used one is actually a PRS-600 if you look at the image. The person is misrepresenting the item, asking 250$, and has one feedback. I'd certainly not bid on such a thing.
ah, i was wondering what the deal was, i didn't look at it closely enough...had over 100 views of potential suckers though.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:20 PM   #57
anesthezea
Groupie
anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anesthezea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kobo Libra 2
Mine was estimated to ship today, but so far it hasn't (as of this posting @ 3:20 p.m.). SonyStyle is listing it as "processing" with the ESD 9/27. So far, my Paypal account still hasn't been charged. I guess it's just going to be a wait-and-see kind of game.
anesthezea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:26 PM   #58
lightforx
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by anesthezea View Post
Mine was estimated to ship today, but so far it hasn't (as of this posting @ 3:20 p.m.). SonyStyle is listing it as "processing" with the ESD 9/27. So far, my Paypal account still hasn't been charged. I guess it's just going to be a wait-and-see kind of game.
same situation here.
Old 09-27-2011, 04:28 PM   #59
krighton
Addict

ah well, got a touchpad coming in tomorrow evening so i can kill some time with that till the T1 gets here.
Old 09-27-2011, 05:08 PM   #60
Shopaholic
Cockatoo Mom!
Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shopaholic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, Kobo: A1, Clara, Libra 2, iPad Pro 11, iPad Mini
Quote:
Any link to their order wouldn't show for you because you'd have to sign into their Sony account. I doubt this person is going to give you the login information for their account.
Shopaholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sony new model, sony t-1