Device: Sony prs-650
PRS-650 and PRS-350 Firmware update.

Sony in australia has released a firmware update for the PRS-650... Link below

http://www.sony.com.au/support/download/440840
tahunasky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:15 AM   #2
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Also for 350:

http://www.sony.com.au/support/downl...roduct/prs-350

Interesting.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 10:36 AM   #3
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Here's what it says both the 350 & 650 updates fix. I hope it's coming to the rest of us soon!

This utility updates the Sony Reader PRS-650 firmware to version 1.0.01.08040 and resolves the following symptoms.
  • Reader cannot open a purchased book and "Protected Page Error" is displayed.
  • Annotations on a purchased book are lost.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:42 AM   #4
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
The updates for the PRS-350 and 650 are new and for the U.S. and Canada, too. The one for PRS-950 was released last December, and I believe it's different. Since my 350 is working fine, I hesitate to hurry and update. If someone does, I'd appreciate hearing if it works without a problem. Thanks.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 10:43 AM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Also at Sony eSupport for PRS350 and PRS-650.
Quote:
What does this do?
This utility updates the PRS-650 firmware to version 1.0.01.08040 and resolves the following issues:
  • The Reader cannot open a purchased book and "Protected Page Error" is displayed
  • Annotations on a purchased book are lost

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 03-17-2011 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Added links
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2011, 11:06 AM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
The updates for the PRS-350 and 650 are new and for the U.S. and Canada, too. The one for PRS-950 was released last December, and I believe it's different. Since my 350 is working fine, I hesitate to hurry and update. If someone does, I'd appreciate hearing if it works without a problem. Thanks.
My PRS-350 firmware update went without a hitch. Download and update took about 5 minutes.

*note*
Instructions say reader should be fully charged
I have not modified my original firmware in any way, previous to the update.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:35 PM   #7
paulak39
Connoisseur
paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.paulak39 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: IpadAir; IpadMini2; FireHDX8.9; Kindle Voyage
Thanks for your input, Wetdogeared. I just updated, too. It went well, though I'm not sure it made a difference as I wasn't having a problem.
paulak39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:37 PM   #8
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulak39 View Post
The previous 950 update was to fix other issues mostly related to its wireless features. I have had the protected page error on my 950. So far no similar update to the 350 / 650 shows up yet on the Sony website for the 950.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 01:37 PM   #9
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
The US Sony site now has the update on their website also, took awhile to find though:

http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/sel...ntact:esupport

There's an update for the 350 and 650, but the most recent for the 950 is 12/15/2010.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #10
Poppaea
Lucifer's Bat
Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Poppaea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
One does not have to search for it. Just tether your Sony to the Reader Library and it will tell you about the update and sync it.
Poppaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2011, 02:50 PM   #11
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've used the Sony software once, when I first got the reader. Since then, it's strictly Calibre, so I didn't know about the auto-update. I really dislike auto-updates though, and disable them on everything except my AV program.

For myself though, I'm using PRS+ now, so I don't want to risk complications with any auto update. I also want to keep PRS+, so will wait until I'm sure how to get both the Sony update and keep PRS+, I realize I might have to wait for an updated PRS+. I suspect others will wait for the same reasons.
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 01:27 AM   #12
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I updated the firmware a few minutes ago and it went well. I usually use Calibre but closed that and opened Sony Reader Library before plugging in my reader. When I plugged in my reader a message came up right away that there was new firmware and asked if I wanted to install it. Then it did its thing. It didn't take long.

Jodi
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:11 AM   #13
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Auto-update worked great for me. Not sure if I need the fixes.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 06:03 AM   #14
lkkmaths
lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.lkkmaths for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Kindle 3; PRS-350
Can anybody tell me whether the update works with a russfied reader?

Thank you!
lkkmaths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 11:43 AM   #15
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
But if you don't use Sony software then the direct download of the firmware is available... I really didn't want to install the Reader Library just for a firmware update as I've managed since my first (505) reader without it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppaea View Post
One does not have to search for it. Just tether your Sony to the Reader Library and it will tell you about the update and sync it.
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote