Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-11-2013, 03:50 PM   #1
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: none
Calibre Portable and copying settings to another computer

I copied Calibre Portable to another computer. For some reason, it opens with default settings (toolbars, book view, no plugins installed, even the interface language is different). I suppose I must have done something wrong but the question is: what?

Both machines run Windows XP, and the location of Calibre stayed unchanged (although it shouldn't matter for the portable version, should it?). Calibre is in the Dropbox folder (both the libraries and the program itself), if that's of any importance. The libraries work flawlessly: it's just about the configuration.
Joanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:58 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanna View Post
I copied Calibre Portable to another computer. For some reason, it opens with default settings (toolbars, book view, no plugins installed, even the interface language is different). I suppose I must have done something wrong but the question is: what?

Both machines run Windows XP, and the location of Calibre stayed unchanged (although it shouldn't matter for the portable version, should it?). Calibre is in the Dropbox folder (both the libraries and the program itself), if that's of any importance. The libraries work flawlessly: it's just about the configuration.
Portable Always starts with the Default Library Location.
AFAIK, the user settings ARE stored with Calibre Portable, wich does not explain the Language barrier
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 04:04 PM   #3
Joanna
Groupie
Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Joanna understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Portable Always starts with the Default Library Location.
I know, I always run Calibre\calibre.exe, not calibre-portable.exe. My libraries are fine (even column colouring is there). All the other settings are not, though, and I've got no idea why.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I know, I always run Calibre\calibre.exe, not calibre-portable.exe. My libraries are fine (even column colouring is there). All the other settings are not, though, and I've got no idea why.
Coloring is stored Within the Database (with the Library it applies to),

Other (user) settings are stored in the the 'configuration folder'
Old 01-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #5
Joanna
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks
Coloring is stored Within the Database (with the Library it applies to)
I know, that's why I wrote that the libraries are fine .

But what about the program settings? I copied the whole folder with Calibre Portable, including the subfolder "Calibre Settings". I thought this should work but it doesn't. So what am I doing wrong?
Old 01-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I know, that's why I wrote that the libraries are fine .

But what about the program settings? I copied the whole folder with Calibre Portable, including the subfolder "Calibre Settings". I thought this should work but it doesn't. So what am I doing wrong?
Calibre.exe does not use the same setting Location as Calibre-portable.exe.

You could paste the portable settings into the default location
or
you could make a customized COPY and use calibreportable.bat which is found in the resources folder