Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 05:16 PM   #31
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
No, what is sad is your post. I guess no one ever buys the iPhone because it best fits their needs. They are all just a bunch of lemmings, right?
Yep. Lemmings. You got it.

In most cases they already HAVE an iPhone. They are queuing for the latest iPhone which - aside from brag factor - will add nothing essential to their communications experience. I have a 4s, and I am quite happy with it. If I was offered a free iPhone 5 I would not accept it. The bother of re-installing all apps, buying - and using - an adapter for all my ancillary devices, buying new car windscreen and desktop holders etc., etc., would make the whole exercise too much trouble for any minor gains to be had.

Yep, definitely lemmings -queuing to get to the clifftop.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:17 PM   #32
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
why is this the real question?
So, how much do they pay Apple?
Old 09-17-2012, 05:19 PM   #33
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmegaZoid View Post
Yeah but maybe you standing in line for the iphone is indirectly forcing those africans to stand in theirs.
More detail on connections please.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:20 PM   #34
TheOmegaZoid
Banned
TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkScribe View Post

In most cases they already HAVE an iPhone. They are queuing for the latest iPhone which - aside from brag factor - will add nothing essential to their communications experience. I have a 4s, and I am quite happy with it. If I was offered a free iPhone 5 I would not accept it. The bother of re-installing all apps, buying - and using - an adapter for all my ancillary devices, buying new car windscreen and desktop holders etc., etc., would make the whole exercise too much trouble for any minor gains to be had.

Lemmings, Zombies and smurfs must be educated. Americans for Samsung must cry out and let their voices be heard. After all they might be lemmings, but ethically we don't want to see them run off a cliff!

Sounds like a great new protest movement... 'Americans for Samsung' !!!
Old 09-17-2012, 05:21 PM   #35
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
will add nothing essential to their communications experience.
I will cease to add sugar and lemonjuice to my water to make lemonade or coffee grounds to my water to make coffee. Obviously, it does nothing meet our hydration needs. Water is enough. All should drink water. Period.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:22 PM   #36
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
So, how much do they pay Apple?
A lot. They get it back in data charges over life of contract.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #37
TheOmegaZoid
Banned
TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TheOmegaZoid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I will cease to add sugar and lemonjuice to my water to make lemonade or coffee grounds to my water to make coffee. Obviously, it does nothing meet our hydration needs. Water is enough. All should drink water. Period.
Great idea actually. Take a cold shower while your at it. God gave you everything you need.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:23 PM   #38
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
A lot. They get it back in data charges over life of contract.
Already knew that. I'm trying to find out the dollar amount paid.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:26 PM   #39
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Already knew that. I'm trying to find out the dollar amount paid.
Notthing concrete, but estimate $425 in carrier subsidies per handset for many billions annually.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:30 PM   #40
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It
Quote:

Nice to see Apple owner who has a free thinking head on his shoulders and values what he has already rather than what he does not.
It's a shame some people have to resort to having the latest every thing to give themselves a warm Fuzzy feeling inside these days.

Those 5 days could of been spent doing something more constructive in life like helping the needy or volunteering for Charity work or any number of other things.

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-17-2012 at 05:48 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:31 PM   #41
TheOmegaZoid
Banned

Quote:
More detail on connections please.
Well its well known that China is the country who most wants to invest in African nations. And Africa thinks it wants the business. But as Apple continues to invest in building an infrastructure for technology in China, it forces the Chinese to buy out and mine for materials in Africa. Thus a trickle down chain is formed with Apple and its american employees at the top, China somewhere in the middle, and Africans at the bottom. The more successful this business is, the more it is reinforced. The african economies become dependent and don't form their own internal economies and voila... there you have it. African workers trapped at the bottom end of the ladder, with no alternative but to do as they are told.

So every time an iphone is sold, it strengthens the global bonds with some doing really well, others so so, and others just scraping by.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #42
DarkScribe
Apprentice Curmudgeon.
DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DarkScribe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Touch, Paperwhite, Sony, and Nook.
Quote:
No you don't have to do that. Just make sure that you don't queue all night for sugar with different packaging or lemons from a more recently planted tree. Buy them if you must, but don't queue for them.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:03 PM   #43
holymadness
Guru
holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.holymadness ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOmegaZoid View Post
Well its well known that China is the country who most wants to invest in African nations. And Africa thinks it wants the business. But as Apple continues to invest in building an infrastructure for technology in China, it forces the Chinese to buy out and mine for materials in Africa. Thus a trickle down chain is formed with Apple and its american employees at the top, China somewhere in the middle, and Africans at the bottom. The more successful this business is, the more it is reinforced. The african economies become dependent and don't form their own internal economies and voila... there you have it. African workers trapped at the bottom end of the ladder, with no alternative but to do as they are told.

So every time an iphone is sold, it strengthens the global bonds with some doing really well, others so so, and others just scraping by.
As an aspiring American for Samsung, I'd love it if you could go into more detail about how supporting rival phone companies will reverse this economic trend.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:10 PM   #44
darksaber35
Banned
darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.darksaber35 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a dead as PARROT Kindle keyboard 3G,NEXUS 7 and Proud Of It

Well what ever happens it's always good to know our western society will always have the right to PEACEFULLY demonstrate if we feel that things are wrong

Occupy protesters attempt to ‘shut down’ Wall Street on anniversary

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/...132831287.html

More than 100 protesters were arrested in lower Manhattan on Monday during demonstrations marking the first anniversary of Occupy Wall Street, the amorphous, anti-corporate greed movement that began in New York and spread to dozens of cities last year.

Activists vowed to "shut down" Wall Street, with plans to create a human wall and block the entrance to the New York Stock Exchange. Hundreds of New York police officers were assembled early Monday in anticipation of the protests.

Dozens of officers, some on horseback, blocked off the entrance to Wall Street to prevent protesters from carrying out their stated mission. At 10 a.m., the NYPD carted off a bus full of protesters, all of them arrested earlier Monday morning. A double-decker bus of sightseers followed closely behind.

Several of the arrested protesters were in wheelchairs. (One smiled as she was loaded into a police van.) At the intersection of Broad and Water streets in the financial district, activists demonstrated in front of a police truck, raising clenched fists in its direction.

[Slideshow: Occupy Wall Street: One year later]

Matt Tucker, a protester from Cincinnati, told Yahoo News that the Occupy movement has found buildings where protesters can sleep. (Zuccotti Park, once the ground zero of the Occupy movement, is no longer an option for overnight camping.) Others slept in front of Trinity Church and Chase Bank over the weekend as part of their protest.

Last edited by darksaber35; 09-17-2012 at 06:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #45
TheOmegaZoid
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksaber35 View Post
Well what ever happens it's always good to know our western society will always have to right to demonstrate if we feel that things are wrong
Indeed as corporations erode our national rights, we may worry for the future. Our democracy is spiraling out of control into a kleptocracy where company executives are interchangeable with the brutal kings of old.

Yes be worried. And do not buy devices with social control elements built into them.
Closed Thread