Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 05-09-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
SomeNewGuy
SomeNewGuy began at the beginning.

Device: none
ePUB quality question

I have encountered several web sites offering higher and lower quality ePUB conversion. Since I`m a beginner in all of this, I don`t know what do they mean by this. If you could explain, I`ll be very grateful?
SomeNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 08:38 PM   #2
Adjust
Addict
Adjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel isAdjust really knows where his or her towel is

Device: ADE, iPad
Depends what they mean by "quality"

Probably image quality

I can't imagine it would be quality of OCR
Adjust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeNewGuy View Post
I have encountered several web sites offering higher and lower quality ePUB conversion. Since I`m a beginner in all of this, I don`t know what do they mean by this. If you could explain, I`ll be very grateful?
URLs?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 05:47 PM   #4
SomeNewGuy
SomeNewGuy began at the beginning.

Device: none
It seems that I can`t find the site, but while searching I found something else. Like this one: http://www.lulu.com/services/pre-pub...versionservice
They charge more for more pages. When I saw that I thought that I don`t know exactly who does the process of conversation to ePUB or other formats go. I`v been using Calibre I thought that after that I just need to find some errors and that`s it. Can someone tell me why do they charge more for more pages and maybe some more detail on how this conversation works??
SomeNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the source is PDF, it might be worth it. But if not, not really. I can do conversions pretty well with Calibre. I don't do PDF conversion as they are not worth my time and effort.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote