Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 06:20 PM   #1
rtshores
rtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Question Need Triple Help Plz! Nook, Calibre, ebooks

Ok, lemme see if I can splain this!

1-Had to sell my nook (times are tough)
2-Sold the Nook loaded with books, close to 900
3-Unless you "restore to factory settings" you can't change owner, etc.
4-Most of the books are on Calibre, over 800.
5-Some are just on the Nook.

Our, her, dilema is how to save all the books on the Nook, "restore factory settings" and then reload them onto the Nook. There is also a micro sd card involved so I am confused as heck!

If you do answer this, pretend I am a newb and do a step by step if you could.

Thank you so much for your time and effort,

Rosie
rtshores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM   #2
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
If all the books are on Calibre, they must be non-DRM. Therefore, you are free to move them around as you wish. Sooooo, she could just hook up the Nook to her computer and using Windows Explorer, copy every thing in the Nook (it shows up as a separate drive, like an external harddrive) to her C: harddrive. Then do the restore on the Nook, register it for herself, and copy the books back to the Nook, into My Documents.

I am not sure about the memory card and how it interacts with the Nook, but again, if these are non-DRM books, they are just files. So you could put the memory card in a card reader and copy everything off it to a harddrive.

Another option is for you to just copy all the books from your Calibre library onto say a flashdrive or CD and give that to her. Then she resets the Nook and copies all the files onto it.

Last edited by RAH; 04-04-2011 at 07:38 AM.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2011, 02:53 PM   #3
rtshores
rtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enoughrtshores will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook
Thank you so much! I have sent her the answer and also learned myself!

Rosie
rtshores is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, micro sd, nook, sideload, upload