Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #1
cee9
cee9 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Ebook library download

Hi All,
I'm in the UK. A couple of months ago I got a friend to buy me a PRS505 in the US and I installed the ebook library software from Sony.
Now it has launched in the UK I thought I would be able to access the European version of the eBook store - but the sotware I installed seems to be locked to the American version.
Does anybody know if it is possible to download the European version of the ebook library software?
I searched and searched but can't find the link.
Cheers
Chris
(ps - overall a very happy 505 owner)
cee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 07:36 AM   #2
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
In the UK, Sony are selling via Waterstone's:

http://www.waterstones.com/waterston...o?pPageID=1576

So far, the word is that most of the books are in Adobe digital Editions (the DRM'd version of Epub). I mention this because, while the PRS505 can read them, the PRS500 can't.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2008, 07:46 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
My guess would be that all the books sold by Waterstones are going to be ADE books simply because - for the present, at least - the Sony eBook store is "hard coded" to only allow people in North America to use it. That may very well not change for the foreseeable future.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #4
cee9
cee9 began at the beginning.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
My guess would be that all the books sold by Waterstones are going to be ADE books simply because - for the present, at least - the Sony eBook store is "hard coded" to only allow people in North America to use it. That may very well not change for the foreseeable future.

Ah well. I'll stick to fictonwise then - quite happy with them anyway.
cee9 is offline   Reply With Quote