Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-08-2008, 06:45 AM   #61
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
Plus by buying books there, I help ensure that Sony can still maintain recurring revenue and keep the store opened and well stocked, which keeps my device from becoming obsolete.
If Sony wants customer's money, it is their responsibility and worry. It cannot ble responsibiolity of people who actually pay for the service.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:51 PM   #62
nathantw
Zealot
nathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litternathantw doesn't litter

Device: 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tattncat View Post
Although, I have had my book nearly a year and have purchased approx 228 books from the Sony library, not counting Books On Board & Fictionwise plus several hundred free downloads from various sources.
Wow! Should we assume you don't own a television?
nathantw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:16 PM   #63
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
With sales numbers on the actual devices finally made available, I find it interesting that we seem to have ended up focusing on the number of books involved.

I'm not complaining about it, you understand, just noticing and finding it interesting.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 07:54 PM   #64
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
according to this article (in french), over 2000 505s have been sold in france since the launch in october of this year (2 months ago). not bad, i'd say, especially since it's not the only liseuse on the market here (Cybook).
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 10:39 AM   #65
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
If Sony wants customer's money, it is their responsibility and worry. It cannot ble responsibiolity of people who actually pay for the service.
It's not the buyer's responsibility. I'm saying 1. to me it is worth a little extra money and 2. Sony will have a problem on its hands if a majority of Reader buyers don't buy from their store, and I am doing my part to keep that from happening.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 11:00 AM   #66
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
It's not the buyer's responsibility. I'm saying 1. to me it is worth a little extra money and 2. Sony will have a problem on its hands if a majority of Reader buyers don't buy from their store, and I am doing my part to keep that from happening.
As long as it is beneficial to you, then why not?

It has zero appeal to me to buy books at Sony ebook shop.
I will not pay more than $2 for ebook that I cannot convert into some kind of a format that lately might be used to create ebook for my current ebook reading device.

I also believe that I help sony store by sending them a clear message.

Again, this line
Quote:
I spent $300 on a device, so I won't quibble about a few lost bucks if I had checked out on another site
is....well, I could only say that by a totally different attitude in one's life, when one approaches any purchase in a more sensible way, one might actually save a few bucks to buy such expensive device. If one was less careful, then one might not have the money for the reader. Just because one save $300for the reader doesn't mean one should not keep on saving money for the next gadget or something else...

Last edited by astra; 12-14-2008 at 12:40 PM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 12:39 PM   #67
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
As long as it is beneficial to you, than why not?

It has zero appeal to me to buy books at Sony ebook shop.
I will not pay more than $2 for ebook that I cannot convert into some kind of a format that lately might be used to create ebook for my current ebook reading device.

I also believe that I help sony store by sending them a clear message.

Again, this line is....well, I could only say that by a totally different attitude in one's life, when one approaches any purchase in a more sensible way, one might actually save a few bucks to buy such expensive device. If one was less careful, then one might not have the money for the reader. Just because one save $300for the reader doesn't mean one should not keep on saving money for the next gadget or something else...
We shall agree to disagree then

I can't tell someone how to spend their money. I can only say why I spend it the way I do. If you have a good reason to spend your money (or not, if the case may be) in a certain way, then that's all that really matters.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
numbers, sales, sony, wireless