Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-04-2012, 03:25 PM   #1
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
What font are people choosing for the KPW?

Just curious what font people are choosing as their principal reading font on the KPW? I suspect that the lighting and contrast might be changing some old preferences. I am still experimenting but am leaning to Helvetica.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:16 PM   #2
ElspethB
Passionate Reader
ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElspethB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3, Kobo Clara HD, Fire HD 8, Voyage, Oasis 3, PW5
I like a serif font, but Baskerville looks too "thin" to me. I've been playing around with different ones, but I think I have settled on Palatino, level 3. It's interesting how much darker Caecilia looks on my Paperwhite vs my K3 Keyboard and K4NT.
ElspethB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:25 PM   #3
whitearrow
Guru
whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.whitearrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
I keep going back and forth between Palatino 3 and Caecelia 4. I like Palatino, but 4 is too big for me, and 3 a smidge too small.
whitearrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM   #4
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
Currently I'm using the Caecilia Condensed, size 4. I also really like the Palatino font.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #5
Wildgift
Connoisseur
Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wildgift ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook
I'm using futura, 'cause that's how I roll....
Wildgift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

Usually I like Caecilia Condensed the best, but since my current PW has screen issues I need all the thickness I can get so I'm having to use Helvetica. Probably will go back to Caecilia Condensed if replacement PW has good screen.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:06 PM   #7
jbharman45
jbharman45 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader 505, 700, 900, Kindle 2/3, Nook, NookColor
I have been using Futura 5. A little better at a bigger font size.
jbharman45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

Now that I have a good replacement PW I find the best font for my eyes is Caecilia Condensed in size 4.

I like Caecilia Condensed in size 3 best on my Touch because the Touch sizes are a little bigger than the corresponding sizes on the PW.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #9
Stingo
Fanatic
Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stingo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KH2O, KPW2, KDXG, KPW1, K3, S505
I have ended up using Caecilia Condesed at size 3. So far it is working for me.
Stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:26 PM   #10
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Palatino [4] but as soon as we have a working font hack, I'm going back to Fontin.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:36 PM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Palatino [4] but as soon as we have a working font hack, I'm going back to Fontin.
Have you given Charis SIL a try?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:38 PM   #12
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you given Charis SIL a try?
You hooked me on Fontin. I like it and I'm sticking with it.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:51 PM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You hooked me on Fontin. I like it and I'm sticking with it.
I've switched to Charis SIL. Fontin is still good. I did create a bold italic font version for Fontin. I can link you a copy if you would like. It may not be perfect, but it is better then not having such.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:55 PM   #14
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I've switched to Charis SIL. Fontin is still good. I did create a bold italic font version for Fontin. I can link you a copy if you would like. It may not be perfect, but it is better then not having such.
I'll let you know. I haven't felt that I was missing a bold italic, so I think I'm good. If I change my mind, I'll get back to you. Thanks for the offer.
Old 10-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #15
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Baskerville has held sway for today anyway.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote