Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-05-2011, 04:38 AM   #1
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Cannot search within the Shop on Nook Touch

Hi everyone,

I think I might be experiencing a odd glitch maybe.

When I use my Nook Touch, and entire the Shop section, I cannot search for anything when touching the "search bar" in the upper right corner of the Shop home page.

I can type in a book title, and once I press the "search" button, it will take me back to the Shop homepage and nothing happens.

Any see this issue or have a suggestion to fix it?
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 11:31 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
Hi everyone,

I think I might be experiencing a odd glitch maybe.

When I use my Nook Touch, and entire the Shop section, I cannot search for anything when touching the "search bar" in the upper right corner of the Shop home page.

I can type in a book title, and once I press the "search" button, it will take me back to the Shop homepage and nothing happens.

Any see this issue or have a suggestion to fix it?
Dumb question, have you tried rebooting?
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #3
arnie
arnie began at the beginning.

I've experienced the exact same things the last couple of days. I was able to search for a book on Monday, and then Tuesday when I tried another search I was returned to the Shop page from where I had touched the Search box. The same thing happened again today (Wednesday). It's like the search function is disconnected.
arnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 12:30 AM   #4
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
I just tried it. Haven't encountered that issue. Previous searches have worked as well.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 02:36 AM   #5
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I resolved my issue by doing a reboot of the device. havent had it sense. Then again I now make it a habit to power off my nook touch when I'm not using it. Definitely helps stretch that battery life. Im barely at 86% roughly sense my first charge and that was late last month.

Hopefully BN will release a update to help patch little glitches like that soon.
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert