Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-13-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
deannah
Connoisseur
deannah began at the beginning.

Device: KK, KT, KFire, KFire HD, KPaperwhite
Calibre Catalog and Kindle Fire

I hope I can explain what I am attempting to do so it's clear and understandable.

1) I want a catalog of my 290 books showing titles, descriptions, series and a check mark by read books.

2) This should be viewable as a book, showing all of the above in the Kindle Fire.

I have created a custom column in Calibre for "Read" and manually entered the "yes/no" entries, which shows a check mark by the read books in Calibre.

This has worked okay except when I copy it into the Fire there are check marks by all books, rather than just the read ones.
The Calibre viewer shows the checks by the read books just fine BEFORE doing a convert. AFTER converting (as below), there are NO check marks showing in the Calibre viewer.

I've also been fighting the "pdoc/ebok" problem of books loading into Documents and not viewable. I found that a blank in the Preferences/Mobi Output section results in the catalog loading into Documents on the Fire. The only way I could get it into Books was to enter an EBOK there and then doing a convert.

Does Calibre do a convert while creating the catalogue?

The catalog loads into the Fire Books this way, but there are check marks by all the books.

Anyone have an answer? If so, please step me through it as I'm a newbie to Calibre and am totally at a loss at this point. Thanks in advance for any solutions and I am just getting a handle on this fabulous program.

Using latest versions Calibre 8.42 and Windows 7, latest update of Fire

Last edited by deannah; 03-13-2012 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Adding Versions
deannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You don't need to convert a catalog, you can select to create it as a Mobi format . Just change EPUB to Mobi (it is a pulldown)

You have a Read column.
On the Catalog configuration page that shows in the Beginning, There is a second Tab 'Ebook Options' there is a section to specify which column to use tor Read Status. Next to that is the place that must be set to the value that indicates read
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2012, 11:47 AM   #3
deannah
Connoisseur

Mobi is selected. If I don't convert again it shows up in Documents and not viewable in the Fire.

I have the VALUE set to TRUE.

The check marks work fine in the Kindle Keyboard, but not in the Fire.

Last edited by deannah; 03-13-2012 at 11:55 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:23 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by deannah View Post
Mobi is selected. If I don't convert again it shows up in Documents and not viewable in the Fire.

I have the VALUE set to TRUE.

The check marks work fine in the Kindle Keyboard, but not in the Fire.
That seems to be a (missing?) font support issue (I have the same issue on my PEz)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 12:58 PM   #5
deannah
Connoisseur

Thanks for your input, theducks. I guess that means it's not fixable?

Would still appreciate input. TIA
Advert