Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-22-2010, 02:50 PM   #1
dieterpops
Addict
dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.dieterpops can bend spoons with a thought.

Device: Always in flux
Best Buy

Was in Best Buy the other day and noted that PRS-900s were listed at $249. This was not a sale price, but the normal in store price. They are listed at $299 online.
dieterpops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:01 PM   #2
m42
Enthusiast
m42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle fire and paperwhite, Ipad mini and Retina, Note 2, Nook tab,HD
I picked one up the other day at the $249 price. You're right, was not a sale price.
m42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 08:05 AM   #3
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kobo mini, PW3,NookST
Is there a difference between the Sony PRS 900 and 900BC apart from the kit?

I noticed that the Best Buy store had PRS 900 but I think it's been in the store a long time and it does not say BC after the 900. Does anyone know the difference?
peitsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 01:23 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by peitsao View Post
I noticed that the Best Buy store had PRS 900 but I think it's been in the store a long time and it does not say BC after the 900. Does anyone know the difference?
When I bought a 900 from Best Buy in April (for $399.99) it was the PRS900BCKIT. I heard rumors that when BB first started selling 900s that some stores took the kit apart and sold the 900 and the Case Logic hard case separetly to make more money. I also know that with computers BB often has special models produced just for their stores that are stripped down but have the same model number as those sold in other stores that are not stripped down. In other words, what looks like a good deal at BB might be a stripped down model. The box for the PRS900BCKIT should be appx. 10" x 7" x 5". If it isn't that large then they might be selling just the 900 without the Case Logic hard case.
Old 07-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
peitsao
Addict
peitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beautypeitsao does all things with Zen-like beauty

Jack,
Well, the kit is included, case and all that, but I just wondered if there was any diff. in the readers. I see that sony has diff. pdf manuals for the 900 and 900BC. Maybe I will wait to see what Sony puts out in the pearl e ink screen to buy another reader.
Pei
Advert
Old 07-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
jswinden
Nameless Being

I had never noticed that before, but sony does have an eSupport site for the PRS900 and another one for the PRS900BC. But a very brief check of the manuals appears that it is the same manual listed on both sites. The manual is listed as 4-174-983-13(1). I know of only one PRS900 model having ever been manufactured and it was black, so this is indeed curious. Perhaps it was just an accidental duplication, or perhaps Sony had originally thought they would offer the PRS900 in multiple color schemes like they did with the PRS600 and PRS300. Or perhaps Sony had originally planned to have a USA model and an international model due to the 3G radio.
Old 07-27-2010, 09:02 PM   #7
vietchovui
Zealot
vietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enoughvietchovui will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS T1, Kobo Forma 8G, Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieterpops View Post
Was in Best Buy the other day and noted that PRS-900s were listed at $249. This was not a sale price, but the normal in store price. They are listed at $299 online.
Sorry, but I don't known the difference between listed price and sale price (I'm not in US). Could you explain me, please? I'm thinking about buying a PRS-900.
vietchovui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #8
peitsao
Addict

Listed price is the original price before the price reduction (sale price).

I notice that the Sony website offers a free extra battery if you buy the 900 from them by the end of August. They are tempting me to take the plunge!

I agree that there probably is not any diff. between the 900 and 900BC reader. Who knows why they did that.