Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2010, 04:36 AM   #1
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Questions about Send to Folder and converting to Mobi

Apparently, I'm receiving a Kindle 3 for a birthday present, which is a very pleasant surprise. But I've been reading on my Ipod Touch using Stanza and most of my books are in epub format. I already have my entire library (drm free) in calibre, so it's just a matter of a quick conversion. For the most part, the books are converting well, but I'm running into a couple of problems.

1) When using the Send to Folder option, and it seems if the title/author is too long, the book that gets sent doesn't seem to have the .epub/.lit. Instead it just has the book format listed at the end without a ".". So instead of:

"My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon - Jim Butcher & Kelley Armstrong & Rach Liu & Katie MacAlister & Lilith Saintcro.epub"

I get: "My Big Fat Supernatural Honeymoon - Jim Butcher & Kelley Armstrong & Rach Liu & Katie MacAlister & Lilith Saintcroepub"

2) When I have a Restriction set in my library and use the Send to Folders option I get an error message:

Quote:
ERROR: ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:search() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_search_restriction'

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/__init__.py", line 296, in dispatch
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 1298, in books_uploaded
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/device.py", line 769, in refresh_ondevice_info
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/views.py", line 205, in set_device_connected
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 124, in set_device_connected
File "site-packages/calibre/gui2/library/models.py", line 271, in refresh
File "site-packages/calibre/library/caches.py", line 552, in refresh
TypeError: search() got an unexpected keyword argument 'ignore_search_restriction'
But the books seem to be sent just fine, so I'm not sure what the error message is for.

3) I've noticed that when the text-indent is set at a percentage in the input file (usually 5% in an epub or html file), it results in huge indentations in the mobi file. I can manually change the css file to 1.5em, but I was wondering if there was an easier way around this problem.

I am on Mac OS X 10.5.8 and using calibre 0.7.18.
Thank you!
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Just for interest why bother with using the "Send to Folder" option at all. Why not simple plug in your K3 when it arrives and use "Send to Device"?
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2010, 08:45 AM   #3
Diana495
Connoisseur
Diana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipseDiana495 can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by itimpi View Post
Just for interest why bother with using the "Send to Folder" option at all. Why not simple plug in your K3 when it arrives and use "Send to Device"?
I was just playing around with calibre while I was converting my files. I've mostly been using calibre's content server to download files into Stanza so I was trying to see what else I could do with it. I should probably stop and wait for the Kindle to arrive.
Diana495 is offline   Reply With Quote