Notices

Old 01-31-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
jomaweb
Connoisseur
jomaweb is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle DX
correct steps to move calibre portable to laptop

Hi all

i've been using calibre portable for some time and now I think it deserves a try with the "standard" instalable version in my laptop. But i don't want to scan again all my books (it took more than 48 hours) and some metadata is changed to try if this fantastic software is suitable for my needs.
The main reason is to improve performance. I don't know if the reason is the Portable version I'm using, but is sloooooow when it comes to metadata updating.

So, these are my thoughts about migrating from external HD (portable) to laptop (installable). am I wrong?

1- Calibre is installed on laptop.
2- Copy the J:\calibrePortable\Data\library folder to anywhere in my laptop
3- Go to Preferences - general and browse to the copied folder
4 - Restart Calibre
5- Pray

Any suggestion?

Last edited by jomaweb; 01-31-2010 at 04:26 PM.
jomaweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 08:53 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by jomaweb View Post
1- Calibre is installed on laptop.
2- Copy the J:\calibrePortable\Data\library folder to anywhere in my laptop
3- Go to Preferences - general and browse to the copied folder
4 - Restart Calibre
5- Pray
That is what the Location of Ebooks option is for to point to the Calibre Library. Straight forward enough.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert