Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-17-2009, 03:36 PM   #76
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by benham View Post
Click on the Order#
Click on the Fed Ex tracking #
Thanks.

That was about the only place I could find anything. It must not have shipped yet.

Also, my Chase card shows a reduction in available credit equal to my purchase total, but no transactions yet.

-JPB
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:34 PM   #77
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Got my card today so I called to activate it and asked some of these questions as my account shows these charges pending and no credit. Whem you ordered your unit was it $299 or more. Mine was until checkout when they deducted .65 bringing the total under $299 which is the minimum for the offer. So in order to get the $100 credit I needed to make another charge. I set it as default for the ebooks so no problem.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2009, 08:05 AM   #78
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got a shipping email...

...not scheduled to arrive until Monday.

I ordered it with a lighted cover, so I meet the minimum charge for the offer.

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 09:02 AM   #79
Dahak
Zealot

Quote:
Got my card today so I called to activate it and asked some of these questions as my account shows these charges pending and no credit. Whem you ordered your unit was it $299 or more. Mine was until checkout when they deducted .65 bringing the total under $299 which is the minimum for the offer. So in order to get the $100 credit I needed to make another charge. I set it as default for the ebooks so no problem.
Just a follow-up on the reader...

Got it yesterday.

I need to play with Calibre some more.

I just checked my Chase account and it already shows the Chase $100 credit.

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM   #80
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Did it show up right in the account activity or did you have to look somewhere else. I have made several purchases with he card and on one plus the Sony show up. It also does not show the credit.
Advert
Old 06-23-2009, 11:57 AM   #81
krhysling
krhysling began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Can someone clarify for me?

Quote:
OK I hope I did this right.
I signed up for the Sony Card and got immediate approval
I registered for Sony Rewards and selected the blue 505
I purchased the points to cover the difference and submitted
Hi, I've been lurking for years and just registered because I finally have a question.

I've read through this whole thread and don't understand about purchasing points to "cover the difference?" What difference?

What do you have to buy in addition to the Reader itself to qualify for the promotion? I guess I'm wondering what the bottom line cost before the promotional discounts are applied will be.

Sorry if this is painfully obvious to everyone else...

Kieran
krhysling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:12 PM   #82
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by krhysling View Post
Hi, I've been lurking for years and just registered because I finally have a question.

I've read through this whole thread and don't understand about purchasing points to "cover the difference?" What difference?

What do you have to buy in addition to the Reader itself to qualify for the promotion? I guess I'm wondering what the bottom line cost before the promotional discounts are applied will be.

Sorry if this is painfully obvious to everyone else...

Kieran
No, that's a fine question. To get the big $100 piece from chase, your first purchase has to be $299 or over.

When I logged in to buy my reader, its cost was 29,999 points ($299.99) and I had 50 free points on balance just for signing up. I accidentally added the reader to my wish list, and Sony Rewards gives you 50 points for starting a wish list, so I then had 100 points, meaning my first Sony Card purchase (to buy the remaining points I'd need) would have been $298.99 and not enough to qualify for the big $100 credit from Chase. I used the Daily Giveaway (spin the wheel game on the Sony Rewards home page) to tie up 50 of my points (although I probably only would have needed do 1 point) so my purchase price for the PRS-505 was at least $299. Others here instead added another item to their order to get the total over $299.

If you log in, add the reader to your cart, and see that you need to charge $299 or more to your card before you complete your order, you should be good for the $100. This should be easy, as the price has gone up a bit to 30,495 points ($304.95).

Good luck!

Last edited by Zero9; 06-23-2009 at 12:15 PM.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:25 PM   #83
krhysling
krhysling began at the beginning.

Device: none
Zero9,

Thanks for the quick and helpful response! I understand it now.

Sent some karma your way.

Kieran
krhysling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:51 PM   #84
Dahak
Zealot

Quote:
Did it show up right in the account activity or did you have to look somewhere else. I have made several purchases with he card and on one plus the Sony show up. It also does not show the credit.
Yes. The standard Account Activity shows a new line item of Type 'Adjustment' for a new card member and a value of -$100, plus two line items, one each for my reader and the lighted cover.

I bougt my reader on the 13th, Sony shipped it on the 17th and their charges showed up on the 18th.

The Chase credit is dated the 22nd.

Now all I need to do is nudge Sony into crediting the other $50.

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #85
Dahak
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhysling View Post
Excellent question, because it is a smidge confusing.

Zero9 covered all of the high points (so to speak ).

It boils down to the fact that the Sony Rewards site is meant to be a point-redemption catalog system.

In this case, as you are just signing up, you only have their initial 50 point credit.

If you lack enough total points to buy something on the site, at checkout you can buy those needed points (at one cent per point) to 'cover the cost' of the item.

In our cases, we'd be buying 29900+ points to cover the cost of the reader.

It's not as confusing as it sounds... really!

-JPB
Old 06-23-2009, 01:00 PM   #86
benham
Guru

From the way you describe it, it sounds like I will not get the $100 credit. By adding the Sony Rewards points to the purchase the total was less then $299. I called and talked to one of those "almost can speak English but not quite" people who really didn't seem to have a handle on the situation. She check with a couple different people and finally said that when I made another purchase to bring the total up, the credit would be applied. Well I did that and it hasn't been. I am tinking of calling them and saying I will not be using any more Chase cards until this is straightened out and where Chase is the default card for a purchase, I will be changing it to BOA.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:02 PM   #87
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero9 View Post
No, that's a fine question. To get the big $100 piece from chase, your first purchase has to be $299 or over.
This is untrue. My purchase need 28,950 points, which I bought for $298.50. I received the $100 credit from Chase within a few days. Here's an excerpt of my account activity, since there seems to be some doubt about this...

Last edited by Zapped; 06-23-2009 at 01:16 PM. Reason: Added account activity image.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:12 PM   #88
benham
Guru

Lookslike we had the same situation with opposite results. I received the Sony over a week ago. It's been on the account since June 16. Still no credit and no line item type Adjustment.

Zapped was thatyour only purchase at the time?

Last edited by benham; 06-23-2009 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:52 PM   #89
Zero9
Zealot
Zero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enoughZero9 will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapped View Post
This is untrue. My purchase need 28,950 points, which I bought for $298.50. I received the $100 credit from Chase within a few days. Here's an excerpt of my account activity, since there seems to be some doubt about this...
Glad to see I misunderstood it! Thanks for clearing things up.
Zero9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 02:33 PM   #90
Zapped
Enthusiast
Zapped began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Zapped was thatyour only purchase at the time?
I added account details moments after you asked that. No, the PRS-505 wasn't my only purchase nor was it my first purchase on the new card.
Zapped is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
prs-505, sony