Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-22-2013, 12:22 AM   #1
mlcarson
mlcarson began at the beginning.

Device: none
Where can I buy pocketbook from the USA?

I'm interested in the new Pocketbook Touch Lux and was wondering if there was an online store I could buy it from and have it shipped to the USA?

Can I actually order from www.pocketbook-int.com/us? I don't see an obvious way to do that unless it's phone orders only.
mlcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:25 AM   #2
askyn
Addict
askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.askyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th Gen)
To the best of my knowledge there are no US stores for Pocketbook anymore =(

I was tring to get find one to buy a replacement PB360 before xmas and was unable to find one.

I ended up getting a Nook Simple Touch instead.

Sorry.
askyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
benkajaks
benkajaks began at the beginning.

Device: eee
Es ist immernoch das gleiche Problem wie vorher. Wenn man eine externe Festplatte braucht, sollte man sich trotzdem immer an aktuellen Modellen orientieren und erst dann eine Entscheidung fällen, wenn man einen externe Festplatte Test genutzt hat. Denn dieser wird meist von Experten durchgeführt. Und wenn ein Festplatten Test wirklich objektiv ist, kannst du kaum mehr etwas falsch machen: Homepage / Webseite - ich bin gespannt, wie gut dir die Trekstor und Western Digital Modelle gefallen.

Last edited by benkajaks; 11-09-2013 at 09:26 AM.
benkajaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #4
domani7
Enthusiast
domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.domani7 considers 'yay' to be a thoroughly cromulent word.

Device: nook
No ideal. As far as I can tell it's really difficult to get a Boox, Odyssey, or Pocketbook from the US. At best you get to pay a fortune in shipping. The first one that makes it easy for US customers is getting my money!
domani7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:07 PM   #5
mlcarson

I liked Pocketbook because they had an audio port and a folder view that could be nested rather than shelves. I also heard that the software is relatively stable. If I can't get the new Pocketbook, I'll probably either get the Kobo Aura HD or the Kindle Paperwhite.

Cons: No audio port or folder view on either of these. No expandable storage slot on the Kindle. No epub support on the Kindle. Buggy software on the Kobo.

The Kindle Paperwhite is definitely the easiest to get being in the USA and is probably the cheapest but I think the actual hardware of the Kobo and Packetbook is better.
Advert
Old 05-23-2013, 08:27 PM   #6
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
For what it's worth, if you side load books to the Nook Simple Touch or Glow on a microSD card, you can view those in a folder view. You can also view them with the standard metadata view (by author name or by title). I think of it as best of both worlds.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:11 AM   #7
mlcarson

You're absolutely right. I love the Nook but unfortunately, B&N hasn't updated the hardware for 1024x768 resolution - they're still at 800x600. If it were 1024x768, I'd already have one.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:24 AM   #8
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlcarson View Post
I liked Pocketbook because they had an audio port and a folder view that could be nested rather than shelves. I also heard that the software is relatively stable. If I can't get the new Pocketbook, I'll probably either get the Kobo Aura HD or the Kindle Paperwhite.

Cons: No audio port or folder view on either of these. No expandable storage slot on the Kindle. No epub support on the Kindle. Buggy software on the Kobo.

The Kindle Paperwhite is definitely the easiest to get being in the USA and is probably the cheapest but I think the actual hardware of the Kobo and Packetbook is better.
as a kobo owner let me tell you that the biggest drawback is NOT in the buggy software, but in the pdf rendering. Pocketbook is really excellent in this respect. Not sure about kindle, but with kobo you cannot annotate, you cannot look up words in the dictionary. With a pocketbook model with touch capabilities you can even take hand free notes (admittedly, not the best quality, but workable).
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:04 PM   #9
mlcarson

Well, I grabbed a Kindle Paperwhite at Best Buy for $120. I guess I have 2 weeks to decide whether it'll do or if I should grab something else. It's a shame that there's no easy way to get a Pocketbook here.