Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-03-2017, 09:27 AM   #1
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Any way to set just default PDF margins?

Is there any way to set just default PDF margins to 36pt?

I can set them on a document by document basis (CAPTURE.JPG) but not as a default in the PDF section of Outputs (CAPTURE2.JPG)

It seems that margins are a Common setting (CAPTURE3.JPG) and apply to all output profiles

BTW - I'd have thought / guessed that each output profile would have a separate setting, but the Margins setting seem to apply to all profiles
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	155981   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.JPG
Views:	197
Size:	111.5 KB
ID:	155982   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture3.JPG
Views:	209
Size:	116.3 KB
ID:	155983  
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by phossler View Post
Is there any way to set just default PDF margins to 36pt?
Not that I am aware. On the occasions I want a book in PDF format, it is to allow for the printing of the book. Such as a cookbook I bought online. In these cases I open the book in calibre's viewer then use the print function in the viewer to create a PDF book. You can set margins there that will only affect PDFs when printing from the viewer.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2017, 09:13 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Not that I am aware. On the occasions I want a book in PDF format, it is to allow for the printing of the book. Such as a cookbook I bought online. In these cases I open the book in calibre's viewer then use the print function in the viewer to create a PDF book. You can set margins there that will only affect PDFs when printing from the viewer.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #4
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
@Both -- I never used the Viewer to "print". That does seem to work almost the same as a conversion with slightly fewer options, esp. the templates for the header and footer, but I can live without those

Thanks for the suggestion
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote