Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-19-2012, 09:39 AM   #1
stvn0
stvn0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
HELP NEED! Kindle Touch Collection

for me, it is very impotant to use the collection, because i like to put a lot of books to my kindle at one time. however, when i copy my books to KT, i found it is impossible, because i don't have any tools to manager it.

thanks to a lot of bright guys like Yifan Lu. i know cc.db is where KT use to manage collection. so it is very natural to me trying to design a small program to manage my KT collection myself.

i am a windows application developer and know little about linux/unix platform and programing skill. i used visual studio 2010, and it took me about 8 hours. the program is OK. and i now actually make all my books into collections.

however, i found 2 problems make my program not a good one, and if i want to release this program to help the others, i think i must find some way out.

1. i cannot add collection, i have to use kindle to create a new collection then i can change the name, put book in/out... why? is there any other files or database controls it?

2. the sqlite3 kindle is using has icu extension. however, in windows, i don't know how to add it. i actually disable all the triggers and rebuilt the database so it can work (of course, consider safty reason, it's my original plan to save the old table and make a new one)

i understand the best to do such job should be in kindle's enviroment. use menu extension to run some shell program. i really hope someone can do it. i have found someone in this forum said he has done it but i cannot read his code.(again, i have little knowledge on linux/unix) i was planning to make another solution to people, however, it seems more difficult than i though.

so anyone have any idea or experiences in this area, please give me some advices.

Thank you
stvn0 is offline   Reply With Quote