Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-05-2007, 09:25 PM   #1
itry
itry began at the beginning.

Device: HP Ipaq
newbie to ebooks and forum

Hi
This is my first post. I am going to buy a dedicated ebook device. By chance I came across this forum (Don't ask me how, just surfing).
I live in Australia and am leaving in 4 weeks for a tour of the Canadian Rockies and the Alaskan Inside Passage.
I want to buy a reader that offers lots of formats and is easy to read and use. Any advice? Thanks
itry
itry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:04 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
If you don't mind waiting a couple months, the next gen Bookeen Cybook is coming out mid to late September with a price around $350.

If you can't wait that long, there is the Sony Reader, which is format limited. Fortunately, there are a lot of conversion programs for it on this forum. It costs around $300.

If that costs too much, then you might look at the Ebookwise-1150. The battery life isn't as good, but it only costs around $110.

You will have some difficulty getting them shipped to you. Ask for help here.

Last edited by Nate the great; 08-06-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2007, 08:55 AM   #3
itry

Thanks Nate. Glad the Great will talk to me :-)
Might wait till I get to Canada in Sept. Bookeen Cybook sounds worth the wait, I try not to think about cost. I cannot take it with me so I might as well enjoy it while I still can, money that is'
itry
Old 08-14-2007, 08:57 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by itry View Post
Thanks Nate. Glad the Great will talk to me :-)
Might wait till I get to Canada in Sept. Bookeen Cybook sounds worth the wait, I try not to think about cost. I cannot take it with me so I might as well enjoy it while I still can, money that is'
itry
Problem is, we don't know exactly when in September the Cybook Gen3 is coming out. But we hope before October.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2007, 02:09 AM   #5
itry

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Problem is, we don't know exactly when in September the Cybook Gen3 is coming out. But we hope before October.
Hi Jon
I agree, but which year? I also think it is foolish when you are old and grey like me to wait too long for that great upgrade. By then I am one of 3 things, dead, out of money or out of my mind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If not out I will get Sony PRS 500.
Thanks
Marg
Advert