Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-16-2012, 09:42 AM   #1
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Post ePub for Google Books

I have a couple epubs that I have created - they work and look good on the iPad in iBooks. I have since uploaded them to Google Books and they look horrible. The photos are all stretched for one example, the text doesn't flow properly. I look at them in ADE, they are not perfect, but no where near what the look like on a android phone/tablet. Do they need to be coded a little different for Google? Can anyone point me in a direction to research some answers? I hand coded them didn't use a program to create them.
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #2
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
It's quite often the case that a book has to be coded differently to work in iBooks due to the terrible implementation by Apple.

Post a sample of you code so that we can look at it and see if we can spot the problem.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 12:40 PM   #3
Gerlyn
Enthusiast

Thank you for your reply. I have uploaded my book in the e-Book Uploads for review. It is called - Block, Allan: AB Courtyard Collection Installation Guide. V1. 12 June 2012 under reference. Any assistance as to how I learn how to create so the Android devices look as good as the iPad tablets would be appreciated.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
I have uploaded my book in the e-Book Uploads for review. It is called - Block, Allan: AB Courtyard Collection Installation Guide. V1. 12 June 2012 under reference.
Did you intend to make your book freely available permanently? If not, please do not upload it to our library, but attach it to a post instead. Oh - and let me (or another moderator) know, so that we can delete the entry in the library.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #5
Gerlyn
Enthusiast

I was going to leave the book in the library as it is completed. I was just hoping someone could look at it and give me advice why it looks good in iBooks but not on the android devices.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:45 PM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
I was going to leave the book in the library as it is completed. I was just hoping someone could look at it and give me advice why it looks good in iBooks but not on the android devices.
Excellent. Well, those who are able to give advice can find the book in here in the MobileRead library.

If you could give some specific examples (with screen shots if possible) of bits of the book that you're unhappy with on Android, that would probably help. (e.g. the first illustration in the book is [describe how its's wrong], the text at the start of Chapter N is [describe how it's wrong].

It is over 10MB, after all — quite a lot to look through when one isn't sure what the problems are that you're seeing.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote