Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-04-2012, 07:05 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Nook Simple Touch Glowlight - technological issue or quality-control issue?

I have a Kindle paperwhite.

I have a Kobo glo.

I have a nook Simple Touch.

Ok - that's out of the way.

What's the sense here (amongst the knowledgeable and the not-so-knowledgeable) about whether or not B&N will 'correct' the quality-control issues that affect the touch glowlight.

However, it may be the technology itself that is flawed, in which case it may need to be completely revamped.

What do you think?

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
I have a Kindle paperwhite.

I have a Kobo glo.

I have a nook Simple Touch.

Ok - that's out of the way.

What's the sense here (amongst the knowledgeable and the not-so-knowledgeable) about whether or not B&N will 'correct' the quality-control issues that affect the touch glowlight.

However, it may be the technology itself that is flawed, in which case it may need to be completely revamped.

What do you think?

Don
I think it is a quality-control issue.
Some people who handle their Nook carefully have a problem within weeks.
Others still have no problem after months.
If you have a screen problem within weeks, the screen probably was not manufactured correctly.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert