Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-23-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

Device: sony reader PRS505 and 600
Book order in a collection using Libprs

Ok i have my LRF files I have put them onto libprs(Im a mac user) I have done all the author and publisher info, and added a tag so they appear in the collection section of my reader... how do I display them in the correct order? I have used the setting in libprs to give them the relevant Book no in the series but they just show in a random order.

Any thoughts?

ta

I have the 505 if that makes any difference?
stustaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:46 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Doesn't make any difference, the 500 and 505 are identical on this point: just open the collection in the Library software and click and drag the files into the order that you want them.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2007, 06:58 PM   #3
stustaff
Wizard
stustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it isstustaff knows what time it is

No that doesnt seem to work!

I cant 'drag' a file in Libprs?
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
stustaff
Wizard

Sorry to drag this to the to the top but does anyone have any suggestions its driving me mad!

ta
Old 11-26-2007, 11:44 AM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
D'oh! Sorry, what I suggested is how the Sony e-Library software works, I don't know how it works for libprs500, sorry 'bout that.

One or the drawbacks to using my Crackberry to read the forum, I suppose.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #6
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
stustaff, You can choose in which order the books are added under libprs500, simply by clicking the column menu (title, author(s), etc.). You can add a filter by inputing words in the textfield near "search".
Don't know though if I understood well your question?
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #7
stustaff
Wizard

No worries NatCH

Fix B i have 5 books in a series by an author I have tagged then as a series in LibPRS when I send them to my reader they dont appear in order on the reader.

Thats what Im trying to do.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #8
FixB
Groupie
FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.FixB has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS500
Oh, sorry : never used the "series" field yet.
Do they appear in a specific collection ?
FixB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:07 PM   #9
stustaff
Wizard

Yeh that works fine but within that collection the "book no 1" "No 2" etc doesnt seem to do anything as they appear in random order!
Old 11-26-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, (ex)nook, (ex)PRS-700, (ex)PRS-500
I've had a bug report in on that with the developer of Libprs500 for a while now. I thought he'd sent a "fixed" message, but I haven't tried it yet. I'll give it a shot tonight and either re-open the bug or report success. Either way, look for another posting soon...

The goal is to get collections created for books in series, with the collection name coming from the series name, and the items inside the collection in the order of the books in the series.

Xenophon
Xenophon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:09 PM   #11
Xenophon
curmudgeon
Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xenophon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I've re-opened the bug report. It's most definitely not working as intended.

Xenophon
Old 11-27-2007, 04:19 AM   #12
stustaff
Wizard

Thanks Xenophon its saved me doing it, I want sure if it was me doing something wrong.
Old 12-03-2007, 09:58 AM   #13
Xenophon
curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenophon View Post
I've re-opened the bug report. It's most definitely not working as intended.

Xenophon
And now it works fine, with version 0.4.25 (and presumably thereafter). Props to Kovid!
Old 12-03-2007, 12:21 PM   #14
stustaff
Wizard

Yes it does! just want to be able to sort by collection in LibPRS itself now and its perfect.